Who remembers?

DPG

So, now, tell me- what was Truth like? I am attempting to get my best mate to come along tonight; my wife's keen, he's really worried about being the old creepy freak (I told him it's a rite of passage and now we get to be the guys we used to hate), and I said hey man it will be an experience of note...

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, now, tell me- what was Truth like? I am attempting to get my best mate to come along tonight; my wife's keen, he's really worried about being the old creepy freak (I told him it's a rite of passage and now we get to be the guys we used to hate), and I said hey man it will be an experience of note...

Haven't been there in ages, but it was usually good fun. Mostly depends on who is playing, as it often is. 

Disclaimer: I'm a metal head, so Truth is not my usual type of music. It wasn't completely terrible, though I was a good few drinks in by the time we got there.

You know you're getting old when you think to yourself, "This would be a better experience if they turned this music down ever so slightly" haha

Just remember to take cash with you.

Only one area in the place took cards, and it was only to let you draw cash for the rest of the place.

Joe Cools on the Durban Promenade in the 90's. Many a litre was consumed there on a weekend! Jugs of beer at the Berea Inn after tech during the week (should have spent more time at the afternoon tutorials instead....) Lunchtime at the Winston. Student night at Sand Pebbles on a Tuesday night. That little underground place called Ruby Tuesday close to LTP. Ports was another beachfront club. The Scrapyard, CC's... So many memories!

Hey Grebel, can you remember the name of the pub at the Tech in the late 80s . Above the hockey field, 

Edited by Benjamin

Chris' Cave  :thumbup:

Legendary Chips with mushroom sauce!

Edited by Grebel

...and let's not forget Roxys Rhythm Bar and Joe Cool Runnings in Melville...

Roxy's was our jol. Go watch Sugardrive, Saron Gas, Nudies, or Henry Ate then off to Cats Pajamas for a 3am pizza

Roxy's was our jol. Go watch Sugardrive, Saron Gas, Nudies, or Henry Ate then off to Cats Pajamas for a 3am pizza

Same here.

I'll never forget sitting at Cats around 1AM when Sugardrive walked in - completely unannounced - cleared some tables and played a 30 minute set. We were there for some potato skins during a study break. That break lasted a little longer than planned  :)

and then of course Roxy's... Monday night student nights. And "Punter & Trouserleg" down the road... oh the memories... and the consequential memory loss. 

Same here.

I'll never forget sitting at Cats around 1AM when Sugardrive walked in - completely unannounced - cleared some tables and played a 30 minute set. We were there for some potato skins during a study break. That break lasted a little longer than planned :)

and then of course Roxy's... Monday night student nights. And "Punter & Trouserleg" down the road... oh the memories... and the consequential memory loss.

Punter only came on the scene towards the end of my varsity career, good times I vaguely remember.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

"Punter & Trouserleg" down the road... oh the memories...

Was a Stellies student at the time. October holiday 1999. Lions won the Currie Cup for the first & last time of my student years. R2 shooters by the dozens. Drank my RAU buddies under the table that evening - must have had more "practice" in the winelands...

Heh, Bimbos in Northcliff/Cresta. Many a dodgy burger laaaate there, tasty under the circumstances, but probably lethal to any normal person.

Amazing how many stout5atte there are in the cycling crowd :D

Anyone else remember this? I used to love it, would sometimes eat it straight out of the can: Ocean Fresh Curried Fish.

http://southafricanshop.net.nz/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/SA-shop-pictures.jpg

Anyone else remember this? I used to love it, would sometimes eat it straight out of the can: Ocean Fresh Curried Fish.

http://southafricanshop.net.nz/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/SA-shop-pictures.jpg

There is still one of those in me cupboard. Suppose I need to check the expiry date.

I remember those tins of curried fish and not fondly... definitely not one of my favorites. I once got some of it on a sandwich to school. Nobody bullied me for my sandwiches.