Who remembers?

DPG

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

post-19687-0-65804400-1587283223_thumb.jpg

It has various 'pages' with things on the front and back. The only real problem is that once you figure out the combos it makes guessing answers easy, but still a nice way for kids to learn some facts. It wouldn't be too difficult to make new pages or to build your own version of it. I suppose it would be an app today :)

Edited by MrJacques

attachicon.gifF3F3EA09-A036-441E-AA07-A6FE77BDDE79.jpeg

This was my wife’s game from her childhood days. I’ve never seen it. Anyone else?

We had one as well.  But if I remember correctly it was a gift from our grandmother in Austria.  So she bought it there and sent it to us.  Do not recall that you could buy it in SA then but possibly you could.

Who remembers the days when we could ride our bikes outdoors and go for a post ride beer or coffee?

I am still doing that (sort of...). My wife and I just finished a gym session in the garage with a bit of MTB up and down the driveway thrown if for cardio (I can't run...). About to make a brew and head off to the dining room table for another hard day at the office.

Who remembers the days when we could ride our bikes outdoors and go for a post ride beer or coffee with mates?

added a crucial bit, for me.

I am still doing that (sort of...). My wife and I just finished a gym session in the garage with a bit of MTB up and down the driveway thrown if for cardio (I can't run...). About to make a brew and head off to the dining room table for another hard day at the office.

I miss being able to run, at a steady pace. While I'm sorted on the IDT, I don't have a garden that allows a steady pace.

As for the coffee, also not a problem.

added a crucial bit, for me.

I miss being able to run, at a steady pace. While I'm sorted on the IDT, I don't have a garden that allows a steady pace.

As for the coffee, also not a problem.

I don't miss running at anytime...

I am however getting REALLY tired if riding up my driveway... Although if it's a choice between the IDT and the driveway, driveway every time!

There are some trail options around the garden that have been ridden a few times but during this time I am not sure tackling tech stuff in the garden is a good idea (I'd like to try and stay far away from doctors and hospitals if I can)

I do miss riding with my mates though... My wife just doesn't cope the verbal abuse and heckling.

A quote for this thread: Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

* especially when you watch an old tv series that hasn't aged well.

Edited by MrJacques

Maybe this? * sorry for the blurry pic. I don't remember having the base.

6BLRC_1.jpeg

attachicon.gifbase.jpg

I remember them being called "Screamers"... 

There's one a suitcase with all my old cars in at my mom's house that gets hauled out when we visit that my kids love to play with. And one of those pop cycles... Although the pull thingy and rider are long since lost/broken/misplaced...

I remember them being called "Screamers"... 

There's one a suitcase with all my old cars in at my mom's house that gets hauled out when we visit that my kids love to play with. And one of those pop cycles... Although the pull thingy and rider are long since lost/broken/misplaced...

I think you are correct, I found this image. Maybe these were the originals.

s-l400.jpg

Hopefully someone can give me some info on this. Found the bottle on a Cape Point beach some time ago while hiking, picked it up, but to date I couldn't find any info on the possible age(given that I only tried googling once or twice).

post-44032-0-07943700-1588009052_thumb.jpg