Who remembers?

DPG

.................... especially given that PW was still president..............

I ended up in PWs "prison camp" :cursing: in the Eastern Caprivi :thumbup: at the time. So near but o so far :( . The tiger fishing was great though :clap: .

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eish. my Mrs and I will be together for 5 years next year March. Yip, we started a bit later in life. She's only a year younger than me and she insisted that we have to be married before we start a family. I have heard from others that the first 4 to 5 years is the hardest, whether in a relationship or in a marriage. It hasn't always been a bed of roses, but I wouldn't change the way things are right now for anything in the world.

Our 26th wedding anniversary this month, apparently it gets better after 27  :ph34r:

Our 26th wedding anniversary this month, apparently it gets better after 27  :ph34r:

Some say it has a lot of similarities with cycling........you know, like your bum hurts at first but if you can handle it. then it gets better, numb even......uphills, downhills, headwinds, tailwinds, no mans land sometimes, slipstreaming, a crash every now and then.......wind in your hair kind of joy, terrifying downhill rock gardens and road gaps to jump......but also the rush when you clear them..... 

Yep South Africans were not flavour of the week following various bombings of ANC suspected safe houses where women and kids got killed.

The BDF were still hostile in 91 when we started the Airbase and the Contracts Manager for Spie and myself were on the wrong end of a rifle up the nose after taking a wrong turn into Presidents Drive

We lived in Gabs in 88 & 89, I was 12/13 at the time... I remember going to school one day and one of the other kids said to me, "Your friends visited last night!"  after one of the attacks.  A couple of days later my friends and I rode our bikes passed one of the houses that had been attacked...

The BDF had roadblocks in and out of every town.  The soldiers were generally friendly although every now and then you'd get a grumpy soldier who wanted to see what was in your car.  (But I'm sure it helped that our cars were re-registered with local plates...)  I was in Botswana again in 99 and took a wrong turn in Francistown I think it was and turned in towards an army base and found myself staring down the barrel of a rifle! 

Some say it has a lot of similarities with cycling........you know, like your bum hurts at first but if you can handle it. then it gets better, numb even......uphills, downhills, headwinds, tailwinds, no mans land sometimes, slipstreaming, a crash every now and then.......wind in your hair kind of joy, terrifying downhill rock gardens and road gaps to jump......but also the rush when you clear them..... 

just without the N+1 rule ............ 

just without the N+1 rule ............ 

apparently the no N+1 rule is very strictly enforced. So much so that you cant even browse the catalogues 

apparently the no N+1 rule is very strictly enforced. So much so that you cant even browse the catalogues 

so definitely no going to test ride days then!

• 2 weeks later...

But I guess I'm too young to remember this. [emoji1787] and no not used for what you dirty minds think.Balsem-Spyker: Wintershande en –voete, inflammasie cfa1d894f900752d71b80e39389ad0ff.jpg

Edited by BSG

Is that Ian Botham on that cricket game? I remember an Ian Botham PC game too. Copied it from a friend, but could never play it as I didn’t have ARJ to uncompress it.