Who remembers?

DPG

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on......own up.....who still plays with these ?]

I was gonna ask what that is but quoting your pic answered the question.

This_seed_of_a_maple_seed_runs_as_a_helicopter.jpg

At school they showed us those seed things that "drill" themselves into the ground when it gets wet - played with those, but not these.

Did you guys do the silk worm thing?

Guest notmyname

I was gonna ask what that is but quoting your pic answered the question.

This_seed_of_a_maple_seed_runs_as_a_helicopter.jpg

At school they showed us those seed things that "drill" themselves into the ground when it gets wet - played with those, but not these.

Did you guys do the silk worm thing?

I had some silk worms last year. My mate had a zillion. They aren't all they're cracked up to be.

I had some silk worms last year. My mate had a zillion. They aren't all they're cracked up to be.

As a kid it was fun, until my mom made us go fetch our own mulberry leaves. Now when I see kids with them it grosses me out.

As a kid it was fun, until my mom made us go fetch our own mulberry leaves. Now when I see kids with them it grosses me out.

We used to have a huge mulberry tree in the garden, Kids from the neighbourhood would be around constantly in silkworm season!

Is it the kids that gross you out, or the silkworms, or the memory that your mother made you go fetch the leaves yourself? :P

Is it the kids that gross you out, or the silkworms, or the memory that your mother made you go fetch the leaves yourself? :P

Is that like a therapy session or a grammar session? Too early either way.

Watching my kids stomp and roll in piles of mulberries in their babygrows...then getting crapped on by their mom... :blush:

We used to have a huge mulberry tree in the garden, Kids from the neighbourhood would be around constantly in silkworm season!

We have one on next to our boundary wall (veld next to us)..

Kids haven't done the silkworm thing in a few year's, thank goodness. My youngest would buy them at school in the morning and sell them during 2e break for a huge profit.[emoji23] [emoji23]

Edited by Gen

We have one on next to our boundary wall (veld next to us)..

Kids haven't done the silkworm thing in a few year's, thank goodness. My youngest would buy them at school in the morning and sell them during 2e break for a huge profit.[emoji23] [emoji23]

we did one season of silkworms with our kids...now the mulberry leaves are fed to the tortoises. As kids we seemed to do it every year...my old man even crafted a little wooden silk wheel for extracting the silk from the cocoon!

I remember fondly:

White Horse

Scout hall parties

The Doors

Le club

Italian Club

Bella's

Thunder Dome

Blue House Raves

Ice Raves

Silos

Nexus

With my friends at Underground Sound and Techno Tribe!

Great times!

Edited by Mr. G