Who remembers?

DPG

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was a little boy, threads were still threads...

Was that back in the good old days when men were men and women listened? :P (I'm just kidding, we all know women never listen :P )

(I'm off to request protective custody right now, haha)

Was that back in the good old days when men were men and women listened? :P (I'm just kidding, we all know women never listen :P )

(I'm off to request protective custody right now, haha)

How things have changed...now they listen long enough to gather enough things to tell you that you are wrong about...

Amazing how many things people also collected over the years......as Uni said....we had the silkworm craze.....anyone remeber the cockatiel craze ?

Then there was macrame......lamp shades made from string wrapped around a balloon with Aloclin glue.....and the worst one yet.....when everyone went nuts for Koi Fish......

Amazing how many things people also collected over the years....

It upsets me to think of all those collectible toys I had...if only I knew what they'd be worth.

For example, a few years back I saw collectible GI Joe's prices. One particular character was worth just over $10,000 at that time, and I had 2 or 3 of them, I wanted to go dig up the sandpit I am fairly sure I left them in, well I suppose it would have been a mudpit from all my tears ;) :P

Some serious nostalgia.....going to the drive-in....the adverts were intense...they never held back those years ......

http://clickamericana.com/wp-content/uploads/drive-in-theatre-speaker-car.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-sFkjJlR4s9U/UDBYNoRWpeI/AAAAAAAAAHE/yXDo-01U5ig/s1600/camel80.jpg

It upsets me to think of all those collectible toys I had...if only I knew what they'd be worth.

For example, a few years back I saw collectible GI Joe's prices. One particular character was worth just over $10,000 at that time, and I had 2 or 3 of them, I wanted to go dig up the sandpit I am fairly sure I left them in, well I suppose it would have been a mudpit from all my tears ;) :P

Tonka.....it hurts to think of the collection I had....destroyed.....

The Tonka Mighty Dump......the modern hippies might boycott that name in this day and age.....

http://www.mightytonka.com/1968_mighty_1.jpg

They were talking on the radio this morning about a Bob Fett figure that was originally bought for £1.50 that sold for £18000 earlier this year - and it wasn't even mint in box

:(

All those cool toys we were forced to get rid of.

This was in fashion the same time as the Benoni pony .

12049127_562891967199363_914407132051373

http://www.mancrushes.com/sites/default/files/brian-bosworth-movies-9.jpg

Still a thing but I used to play Mtg a lot. Even had quite a few rare cards. When I moved out if last ex's place, totally forgot about them. Now when I see prices of some of the cards traded online :(

post-44041-0-05653500-1448972661_thumb.jpgpost-44041-0-54768400-1448972678_thumb.jpg