Suspected stolen Scott Spark 29er Exp seen at Rosebank Engen

DirtRyder

YOU SEE THIS THREAD IS WHY YOU FOLLOW YOUR GUT AND DONT JUST STAND BACK YOU REPORT WHAT YOU SEE,,,,,,HOW MANY TIMES HAVE HUBBERS BEEN SLATED FOR RACIAL PROFILING BECAUSE OF REPORTING A POSSIBLE STOLEN BIKE

TRUST YOUR GUT BE VIGILANT

Edited by DIPSLICK

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well guys this is a good news story which shows the power of social media. I told the cops at Parkview about this post and they sent the investigating officer to the Engen petrol station. The manager there pointed out where the guy was with my bike. He was a hawker across the road. The cops phoned me back 15 minutes later to say they have my bike and have arrested the guy who had it.

I have to say since they broke into my house the cops have been fantastic.

But a big thanks DirtyRyder who spotted it. If we meet on the trails I will definitely buy you a couple of cold ones.

Awesome!!!

Well guys this is a good news story which shows the power of social media. I told the cops at Parkview about this post and they sent the investigating officer to the Engen petrol station. The manager there pointed out where the guy was with my bike. He was a hawker across the road. The cops phoned me back 15 minutes later to say they have my bike and have arrested the guy who had it.

But a big thanks DirtyRyder who spotted it. If we meet on the trails I will definitely buy you a couple of cold ones.

AWESOME!!! Just don't buy Dirt Rider a dop

Awesome :thumbup:

Yeah guys if you see a guy riding a bike he clearly can't afford or simply looks out of place please take a pic and post! Seen quite a few "suspects" but never been quick enough to get a decent pic.

:clap: Great :clap:

Hopefully he resisted arrest :devil:

YOU SEE THIS THREAD IS WHY YOU FOLLOW YOUR GUT AND DONT JUST STAND BACK YOU REPORT WHAT YOU SEE,,,,,,HOW MANY TIMES HAVE HUBBERS BEEN SLATED FOR RACIAL PROFILING BECAUSE OF REPORTING A POSSIBLE STOLEN BIKE

TRUST YOUR GUT BE VIGILANT

It's only racial profiling if the OP wouldn't have done a similar investigation and taken similar action if the person in possession of the bike was another colour. The problem is that our race spread in SA is quite skewed and therefore, if everyone was of equal LSM there would still, in theory, be more black perps than any other race.

I agree wholeheartedly with your last sentence here, I think this should be the primary item.

All this aside, I never fail to be amazed by the level of effort that some of us put into trying to right a wrong like we saw here. What a spectacular outcome and kudos to SAPS for following through so effectively. It's not the first time that I've heard glowing reports about Parkview Police Station.

@DirtRider you are a champ of note!

Edited by Jigghead

RESULT! :thumbup:

That's my bike. It was stolen on Saturday from my house. Going there with the police as the guy is apparently a hawker across the road who has it. Will let you know the outcome. They haven't even bothered to take off my Epic sticker

AWESOME!!! Give me a pm sometime Max - would love to hear the full story...

Edited by DirtRyder

It's a small world we live in - obviously way too small for the dumbass now sitting behind bars. Well done to DirtRyder for posting and Max it's awesome that you've got your ride back, oh, and to the SAPS guys - you've restored some faith in your abilities, well done :)

Edited by Tractor

Shhhhhhh............GOTCHA!!!!! dom-don.....

Hub,hub,hub.........having ur back!

Enjoy your baby (again).

DirtRyder well done......big thumbs up.

Edited by BarHugger