Suspected stolen Scott Spark 29er Exp seen at Rosebank Engen

DirtRyder

Jeez it makes the blood boil hey?

Anyway, Max, I hope you get your bike back and I hope this thief gets what he deserves.

Guys, what is the deal with the serial number? I also have a spark but don’t even know where the SN is located. How does it work – should I just make a note of the SN for future reference?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread needs some detective music.....suspense is killing me.......CSI theme music.....

Hope bike and rider gets reunited........

a group, of keen cyclist keeping their eyes open in the area will find it, clearly this BOX feels nothing about the law and he feels he is not going to get caught so you will see him again

Jeez it makes the blood boil hey?

Anyway, Max, I hope you get your bike back and I hope this thief gets what he deserves.

Guys, what is the deal with the serial number? I also have a spark but don’t even know where the SN is located. How does it work – should I just make a note of the SN for future reference?

Most bikes have serial number under the bottom bracket.

The nerve of these bastards riding it around so flippantly in plain view of everyone. It just goes to show that most of these idiots don't get caught and they all know it! I wonder how many other affirmative shoppers we pass in traffic without being able to stop and check ride around our suburbs unchecked.

Hoping for a speedy and successful outcome on this one.

Most bikes have serial number under the bottom bracket.

Thanks, and having a record of that number when reporting a theft is all that is required?

Thanks, and having a record of that number when reporting a theft is all that is required?

I think so, it's usually engraved or stamped into the bottom. I've got pictures of my bike serial numbers for record purposes.

I just had a look and wrote down what was there. It has a shorter number preceded by EN and another longer number preceded by F/N which I presume is frame number? I didn't think to take a pic - good idea. Sorry to derail the thread a bit but hopefully this can help someone in future.

I just had a look and wrote down what was there. It has a shorter number preceded by EN and another longer number preceded by F/N which I presume is frame number? I didn't think to take a pic - good idea. Sorry to derail the thread a bit but hopefully this can help someone in future.

Ja, that's why I took a pic, mine both have two numbers under the bottom bracket and I'm not sure which is the important one.

I remember a couple of years ago when I was in primary school, the police came and stamped all the bikes in school with their own serial numbers.

Those days like more than half the kids in school rode bikes.

Well guys this is a good news story which shows the power of social media. I told the cops at Parkview about this post and they sent the investigating officer to the Engen petrol station. The manager there pointed out where the guy was with my bike. He was a hawker across the road. The cops phoned me back 15 minutes later to say they have my bike and have arrested the guy who had it.

I have to say since they broke into my house the cops have been fantastic.

But a big thanks DirtyRyder who spotted it. If we meet on the trails I will definitely buy you a couple of cold ones.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: