What bib to buy?

Nickster

Some of the best bib shorts I have ever worn were Panda.

Not easy to come by as I think they cater for the Team/Club type of orders.

I have never seen them on a rack in a shop.

But damn they were good bibs.

http://www.pandasport.co.za/

Edited by quintonb

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the best bib shorts I have ever worn were Panda.

Not easy to come by as I think they cater for the Team/Club type of orders.

I have never seen them on a rack in a shop.

But damn they were good bibs.

http://www.pandasport.co.za/

I was given a pair of Panda bibs but they are a bit big however the chamois is fantastic! Use them when training indoors.

The Gear Change in Woodstock had some bibs at reduced prices. Sizes are a problem with them tho. Last I saw they had Craft, MCipollini & Giordana on the rail.

Funny enough, me too. One of my clients gave me a pair of their corporate Ftech kit, but it was last years bottom of the range, and yes, the chamois feels like its about 5cm too forward, comes up to my belly button almost. But that just reinforces the statement, spend your buck on your chamois. The first time I bought Assos it took me about a month to get myself to spend R2500 for a "pair of cycling pants" but after I did and my first DC, I never looked back.

THis is 100% the same issue I have with this specific pair. The chamois is too far forward. No protection on the sit bones

Assos T FI.Uno......

I always thought a bib is a bib is a bib..

till I tried a pair of these.

Love them!

can only imagine what the higher end ones must feel like!

Edited by L.T.G

Vermarc is by far the best - well for what I can afford. Assos is way out of my league. Craft is to uncomfortable - the padding/chamois has a very low rise in front. The wife flipped when I fitted it for her! "You are not going out like that! I can see everything..."

Edited by cjlieben

Specialized is a load of crap. from socks to bikes..

look at the First ascent about R1400

I agree with you, I just dont understand why their bikes are ridden by world champions and why their bikes got a double rainbow in PMB recently and most of their models have won world titles or champion chips. For example the Epic is the only dual suspension world cup bike.....

Edited by Gerhard Odendaal

Whatever you buy, go for a snug fit.

In other words, let the bib straps tension you downwards when standing.

Little movement of the chamois then whilst riding with this fit.

AssosUno will be a good start for that budget.

The brand has the best R'nD that I know of.

Is Assos and Castelli lower end bibs really better than the middle to upper range of everything else?

I have used the Assos Uno bibs for a Double Century with no issues, whilst still riding on a 140g carbon saddle.

Did you buy these from CRC Blackheart, or locally?

Locally. Bridge Cycles in Cape Town had a few pairs.

Assos T FI.Uno......

I always thought a bib is a bib is a bib..

till I tried a pair of these.

Love them!

can only imagine what the higher ones must feel like!

Which I could afford the new S7 range.

For me it's got to be:

Road:

- Castelli Aero (but out of the budget) - problem is you never get specials

- Assos Uno - heaps of specials if you go for the S5 (?) and can come in budget. See CWC, Bikewear and Solomons.

- Giordana - good quality mid rangers. Love the 3/4s for winter. Carbon range is awesome.

Dirt:

- Baggies + Craft performance under with the chamois that is so thin at the edges that it looks like it's gonna give you no love but is super comfy. Never thought I'd say that as I don't like 99% of craft fit. Bridge cycles seem to be a clearance centre and you can get them super cheap. Think I paid R650 odd per pair.

Assos. Built to last. quality from way back and great lycra. Make you feel like a weird man nappy wearing dude and to be honest on the long rides I've had pretty annoying rub where you don't actually want it. My under carriage could be the exception.

Good compression and decent material / lycra is key. Not like the wafer thing stuff that most of the local guys seem to pump (yup 1st Ascent that's you) as they look like bad spinning kit after a few rides and lose shape. That is where the oversea guys seem to come good - quality materials, good stitching (don't for get that little fact), ventilation and little touches that make a great pair of bibs rather than an average pair.

Of all my bibs and shorts,my cannondale is by far the most comfortable and best fitting. At R 1700 best money I have ever spent.

We've had great reviews from our Sportsworld customers regarding our UK Imported Tenn Bib Shorts.

Here's an independent review.

Affordable Quality - Road.cc gives them an overall rating of 8 /10

We're running a Tour de France special on them - at R550 it doesn't break the bank ;)

(While stocks last)

We'll post Nationwide or Free collection in Durbanville.

www.sportsworld.co.za \ Cycle Clothing \ Cycling Shorts

post-42483-0-68450400-1405490449_thumb.jpg

post-42483-0-85762800-1405490450_thumb.jpg

post-42483-0-39869500-1405490610_thumb.png

Edited by Sportsworld.co.za