Security booms

FlandersZA

Tell us where it is, and we can organise some mass action, everybody in the area can ride your route for a couple of days

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have decided to alter my route for the time being while I consider whether taking this further is really worth my effort. I agree that shortening the booms would solve the problem but it seems like a lot of red tape at this point. Just really sick and tired of this what-will-you-give-me-for-me-to-do-my-job mentality that seems all too common these days.

Anyway, thanks for the constructive responses.

Ok, here goes a rant!

During the winter months I have been looking to maintain the fitness levels and so have been doing laps of a short circuit in the ‘burbs on the MTB during the week. Reason for this is that it gets dark so early and the route I do is quite w...............................................................................................................................................................at the deal is with access to these boomed areas? Should I simply go higher up and try to speak to someone with half a brain in their head or am I really being unreasonable here?

simple. go back with your bakkie (number plates rmoved), and drive THROUGH the boom. done.

freedom of movement is a RIGHT, not a privelage.

if you dont want to do it yourself, tell me where it is, I'll go do it for you.

Edited by sadamhussein

Crawl back in your hole , or are you trying to insight a person

I see you are quite new here, so please allow me to give you some constructive and well meaning advice.

The verb you were looking for is INCITE.

It is always a good idea to ensure your goolies aren't showing when you are on your high horse.

I see you are quite new here, so please allow me to give you some constructive and well meaning advice.

It is always a good idea to ensure your goolies aren't showing when you are on your high horse.

post of the week so far....whahahahhahahahaha

OP may feel he has right of passage in this boomed area and speaking to the homeowners, security co, council etc is not a bad approach but the amount of effort and time required to me will be most frustrating...

If you take 5 min chatting to the guard in question in your car will have far greater immediate impact, all he wants is to be treated with respect and dignity, a streetwise 2 and every week mayb a small coke as gummi mentioned can only help your cause.

Maybe yes, but why is it necessary to bribe someone to do their job in the first place?

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/5d/68/bd/5d68bd9607818e4851cb364bb56b7a40.jpg

Edited by Vangar

Do I understand correctly that it is those booms set up on either side of a "regular" suburban street?

It should be free for everyone to pass through, no?

If you tell the guard that you live just on the other side of the road, he can't disprove it or refuse you access.

Strange world indeed.

Why buy food for a lazy idiot who can't even do his job. The booms should not even be there in the first place. Phone the boss, he will see loss of profit on the way and sort that moron out. So tired of people in SA being lazy and useless and we must feel the need to bribe them to get them to do their job.no way

Provision for boomed-off areas are made in terms of the Rationalization of Local Government Affairs Act.

A committee of the neighborhood has to re-apply with the Local Authority (Usually every 2 years) for permission of restricted access. They may control access but not prevent access.

My suggestion is to bypass security company and rather chat with chairperson of the neighborhood committee. Let them sort it out with security contractors. He will most likely go out of his way to accommodate you, if not, you have right to object with Municipality which will impact on their next re-application.

As you said, problem with one person, not really security concept - should be sorted.

Good luck