Bicycle Storage

BottelaryHillBuddy

The wife is now sick and tired me storing my bikes in one of the rooms in the house. Please share any storage ideas for the garage. I saw a vertical hook on amazon would you recommend this for 29er's.

Edited by ALucas

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But the bikes get dusty in the garage........ Currently mine are just stored on our Thule rack. What I want to do is attach a towbar to the wall so that the rack can stand off the floor. Had the hooks where you hook your front wheel and the bike hangs vertically, but wasn't too fond of it. Had my spokes break a couple of times when the wheel wasn't put on the hook perfectly.

Sorry, but i cant help you with your problem. In my house we have a rule. 3 bedrooms, one is our room, then the misses have her room and i have my bike room. It evens things out. But i know not everyone has that luxury. Then again, we don't have kids yet. So i might get that problem too in a couple of years.

i mounted box shelves in the garage,

they each hold something for my cycling such as helmet, spares or shoes ect.

The bike then stands on top of the shelves with a hook and a cord that latches onto the chainring to hold it against the wall.

It looks neat and is out the way.

I would use something like this. I don't know what the effect on a carbon frame will be though.

I have stored my 26'r vertically for a long time without a problem but I am not sure on a 29'r, I am changing to this set up in the next month though

I would use something like this. I don't know what the effect on a carbon frame will be though.

These work fine for road bikes - BUT for a MTB with bars around 700mm and up... not so much

The bike then stands on top of the shelves with a hook and a cord that latches onto the chainring to hold it against the wall.

Can you post a picture of your idea

These work fine for road bikes - BUT for a MTB with bars around 700mm and up... not so much

Make the attachments on the wall longer???

Make the attachments on the wall longer???

That will work, but then the bike is hanging more or less in the middle of the room.

Can you possibly post some pictures?

I have 6 bikes in my garage, and only one wall mounted storage hook, its a bit of a puzzle to get everything in.