Cape Town Cycle Tour (The Argus) 2015

Winstonian1984

Like I said, my plan is to SMOKE this years Argus! :D

Everyone will get "Smoked" whether they like it or not, that's for certain... ^_^

my thought is that, even if the fire has been extinguished & the original route is used; the amount of ashes and dust that still remains on the affected areas will cause havoc with the help of the cape-doctor... :unsure:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wrong thread, but yes...

still out of control on the HOut Bay side of the mountain. Tokai side is under control if the wind plays along

Worry about the weather on friday, its waaaaay to early now for any accurate predictions.

Iwould be more concerned over the wildfires and the possibility of the organizers changing the route...

Any ideas/indications of what the contingency routes entail.?

So I have decided not to do a 2nd lap. I am very honored to have qualified but at R400 extra its not really worth it for me.

I will rather race hard 1st lap around and not have to worry about saving my legs for another lap.

Also I could have quite a few beers instead of doing another lap :w00t:

Anyone else doing or not doing 2nd lap after receiving the email?

So I have decided not to do a 2nd lap. I am very honored to have qualified but at R400 extra its not really worth it for me.

I will rather race hard 1st lap around and not have to worry about saving my legs for another lap.

Entered for the second lap, just hoping I make it back in time

Can you substitute a second lap :ph34r:  :ph34r: lol( yes I know you cant)

Have very unfit family members only starting at 10, would have been perfect to join them for a slow ride :thumbup:

The question is will they refund your R400 if you dont do the 2nd lap?

What if you have a puncture and then run the risk of not making it back in time to start the 2nd lap?

What if you have a bad day in the saddle and you are not up to doing another lap?

Its just to risky if no refund option is available.

Entered for the second lap, just hoping I make it back in time

Well done  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

The question is will they refund your R400 if you dont do the 2nd lap?

What if you have a puncture and then run the risk of not making it back in time to start the 2nd lap?

What if you have a bad day in the saddle and you are not up to doing another lap?

Its just to risky if no refund option is available.

I'm sure that you will NOT get your money back.

Same as the first lap.  If you have in issue and can't make it for whatever reason, it's not their problem.

I have chickened out of my knobblies and put on my slicks. slicks in wind will be like knobblies without wind... right...

I'm sure that you will NOT get your money back.

Same as the first lap.  If you have in issue and can't make it for whatever reason, it's not their problem.

Yeah I guess you are correct.

Its just to risky this year tho with the route not yet confirmed so I gave it a miss.

Not Doing it because

1) I dont see myself rushing from the finish to the start

2) Even though the plan was to take it easy, the idea of traffic up all the climbs has put me off

I have chickened out of my knobblies and put on my slicks. slicks in wind will be like knobblies without wind... right...

The wind is like riding a fatboy with mud tyres.  I would much rather ride with knobblies than wind.

Very disappointed in you! :thumbdown:

Archived