4iiii’s Power Meter

Spinnekop

and if you stop to calibrate? does that change things at all?

i have noted that power readings are suspiciously low. i MUST be putting out more. Surely? :eek:

Calibration does sort the issue out yes, but I don’t always have the legs to get back in the bunch!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They don't have temperature compensation - hence the issue

I watched a TrainerRoad podcast where 4iii Product Manager Scott Cooper said that they do have active temperature compensation... interesting...

My road bike 4iiii PM lasted for about a year and a half working perfectly before it started to give me higher readings. I was averaging 300W during Amashova race last year and I thought my training was paying dividend  :clap:, yet I wasn't getting ahead of the bunch. I later realized that it was over reading. But I must credit the 4iii local agents for swopping it for me. I have been on a new one now for 3 months and I am still happy thus far.

I watched a TrainerRoad podcast where 4iii Product Manager Scott Cooper said that they do have active temperature compensation... interesting...

That must be the new units that now have temperature compensation added. Previously, this wasn't the case.

The Spez dual sided powermeter was developed with 4iiii a year or two ago and Spez insisted on having temperature compensation, which at the time, wasn't part of the 4iiii system. I'm assuming that since then, the newer 4iiii units now have temperature compensation

I really think its the luck of the draw when it comes to power meters.... its like a lucky packet... 

I've had my 4iii for a year and a bit on the road bike with no issues at all.  Power readings are closely matched with my Elite smart trainer.  

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone who have used the Specialized power meter? Seems like it is based on 4iiii one and currently on sale for R4500 for Ultegra and R3500 for 105.

Anyone who have used the Specialized power meter? Seems like it is based on 4iiii one and currently on sale for R4500 for Ultegra and R3500 for 105.

where ? do they have XT ?

If you need to stay with the bunch, rather watch their wheel than your power...

Ya, but it's always nice to look at the numbers afterwards to see how much you were bleeding through the eyes.....

reviews on it seem good from the various sites.

r4500 for ultegra is a good deal... cant order online so have to wait 22 days, wonder if they will still have it then.

reviews on it seem good from the various sites.

r4500 for ultegra is a good deal... cant order online so have to wait 22 days, wonder if they will still have it then.

I ordered one via email from Specialized Stellenbosch today. They will keep it for me until after lockdown at the sale's price.