4iiii’s Power Meter

Spinnekop

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They also looking at carbon which I reckon is a good thing, just dont know how long before that will be available.

The more there are, the more the end user scores. A year from now we will all have affordable power meters on our bikes. I was going to get the Stages, but I think I might wait 6 months or so and see if this crowd release anything worthwhile. I like the fact that it can be installed on both sides.

That is interesting. Good to see the price point coming down on various power meters.

It was only a matter of time hey... brilliant news for the amateur enthusiast

4k will take the wind out of stages sails... i thought 10k was a pretty good price point.

the only catch with stages and 4iiii is that you cant put it on a carbon crank (theres no flex)

4k will take the wind out of stages sails... i thought 10k was a pretty good price point.

the only catch with stages and 4iiii is that you cant put it on a carbon crank (theres no flex)

Looks like with this system you can. That is what they are saying in the article anyway.

I think if there wasnt any flex, everyone would ride carbon.

The reasoning behind these type of powermeters not being able to go onto carbon cranks are the following:

Each carbon crank arm's carbon layup differ from the one next to it and therefore the exact force at a certain point wont be similar.

The Precision is in many ways a lot like the Stages Power Meter, except with two key differences: It can be installed yourself, and it can be installed on both crank arms (versus just left-only with Stages). Well, that and being about 40% cheaper (or more, depending on how you purchase it) From Rainmaker

Wonder what the RRP will eventually be like here in SA. Maybe 5?

It took that long for stages to hit our shores, I wouldnt even be surprised if this doesnt make it here.

• 1 year later...

I got mine a month ago. Awesome. They are now up to date with orders. Postage is free. The fedex docs were sent to me, I dropped my crank off at FedEx and picked it up 10 days later. Customs was R1100 PM R5400.00 total R7200.

All I had to do was mail a photo of my crank and fill in a diagram with clearance dimensions between crank and frame.

So far so good.