4iiii’s Power Meter

Spinnekop

Sounds good. R5400 INCL Vat?

Customs VAT on R5400 is R831.50, so the R1100 quoted probably includes the handling fee from Fedex.

R5400 is a good price.

Edit: The R5400 includes delivery, so FOB value is less, so VAT should be less too.

Edited by geraldm24

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have tested 4iiii's power pods and they are pretty good there are always tethering issues, same as Stages has had with plastic battery caps breaking. Regarding the accuracy of numbers, was pretty much spot on to Quarq and Stages (slightly off less than 1%). But if you training to the 4iiii's numbers and FTP test done off it and same number in your Today's Plan acount your Load and performance charts will be 100's. They are a few disti's (one front runner) here in talks with them and hope to have a local disti channels soon! Worth watching this space

Edited by Admin

• 2 years later...

anyone know how the after sales for these are in this country or do we need to send it over the sea for repairs should the need arise?

anyone know how the after sales for these are in this country or do we need to send it over the sea for repairs should the need arise?

I’ve had mine since September 2015 with no problems... so that’s a positive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 years later...

How guys finding their 4iiii power meters?

I’m thinking of pulling the trigger on one

does everything it says on the tin.

just a caution - check clearance between the pod and chainstay. mine's quite tight.

does everything it says on the tin.

just a caution - check clearance between the pod and chainstay. mine's quite tight.

I think they have fitment pdf you can print and test on website .

i have MTB left crank one and tons clearance, touch wood no issues so far after ~2 years 

Edited by Karman de Lange

I’ve had a 4iii power meter on my road bike for just over a year now.

Does the job but I’ve found that it does not handle changes in temperature well. If I start a early morning ride or race, my power readings are way out (20-30%) a few hours in when it has warmed up.

I’ve read that these power meters do have active temperature compensation but does not work very well in my experience.

Does the job but I’ve found that it does not handle changes in temperature well. If I start a early morning ride or race, my power readings are way out (20-30%) a few hours in when it has warmed up.

I’ve read that these power meters do have active temperature compensation but does not work very well in my experience.

and if you stop to calibrate? does that change things at all?

i have noted that power readings are suspiciously low. i MUST be putting out more. Surely?  :eek:

They don't have temperature compensation - hence the issue

They don't have temperature compensation - hence the issue

MMMh that's not great for MTB races if precisions varies up to 30%... Temperatures can vary A LOT during a marathon race... I was close to pulling the trigger now I'm not sure anymore

A friend is using one on his road bike and is very happy with it so far

Edited by Jbr

Lately for some reason on athletes sending me data that the 4iii have been all over the place from multiple units for a while now. Under and over readings and alot of spikes.

Maybe its a software bug or something but I would hold out until this is corrected if you buying.

Thanks for the feedback guys, looks like it may be better to spend more and get something different

My first Stages power meter had this gogga from around 8 degrees and lower

My current one (Gen 3) have no issues with low temps and variable readings

Thanks for the feedback guys, looks like it may be better to spend more and get something different

Look in to a Stages. There was a price reduction in the beginning of March so units are more affordable.

I've had mine since August 2016 and have only had problems when it comes time to replace the CR32 battery (varies between 60-80 hours and not the 100 hours I got from the original battery. I "calibrate" it before every ride, and I hardly (read: never) have a problem with spikes. Whether it's accurate is another debate for another day. 

Indoor, through, I do struggle to hit the numbers I get on the road, but that has nothing to do with the unit. I guess there's a combination of the dumb trainer flywheel, my rear wheel tyre and pressure, my dislike for hot/humid conditions, and and and.