Simple Diet changes vs Supplements

Jace

Hello All,

Please share your thoughts on the following:

Thermo Genic supplements (increase core temp to aid fat burn)

Vs

A diet that for the first while puts you in a calorie deficient to aid in fat reduction.

Bare in mind that both options include a regular exercise at least twice a week, and no other supplements or snack replacements are taken. If anyone takes the various options on the market of Thermo genics i'd love some feedback.

If you have suggestions on building lean muscle and losing fat i'd love to hear.

Thanks

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cycle 4 times in the week and Saturdays and eat healthy

Care to elaborate on the "eat healthy" part? I stay away from fizzy drinks and junk food but still struggle with belly fat. I have monitored my portions closely the last two weeks and short of weighing them i think i am eating less than i was a month ago but i still cant shake off a gram!

Care to elaborate on the "eat healthy" part? I stay away from fizzy drinks and junk food but still struggle with belly fat. I have monitored my portions closely the last two weeks and short of weighing them i think i am eating less than i was a month ago but i still cant shake off a gram!

Stay away from carbs.... read the LCHO thread.

This is what I do. please hubbers, this is not what you have to do i am not a doctor.

morning: 2 eggs

lunch: salad with a chicken breast or tune

snack: +- 20 nuts ( not peanuts)

Supper: veg and steak or fish or chicken

lots of water

cut down on coffee

NO alcohol during the week. Buy 6 on Saturday and that is for Saturday and Sunday dont start with a beer on Friday after work

no pasta, rice, potato or bread. I will have a carb on Saturday or Sunday to treat myself because I love bread

Edited by flat29

This is what I do. please hubbers, this is not what you have to do i am not a doctor.

morning: 2 eggs

lunch: salad with a chicken breast or tune

snack: +- 20 nuts ( not peanuts)

Supper: veg and steak or fish or chicken

lots of water

cut down on coffee

NO beer during the week. Buy 6 on Saturday and that is for Saturday and Sunday

no pasta, rice, potato or bread. I will have a carb on Saturday or Sunday to treat myself because I love bread

Thank you!! It doesnt matter how you do the eggs? Poach, boil, scramble,fry? guess not fry due to the oil? Thanks again

Use a rolling 5 day average weight to trend weight loss, the number on the scale can change depending on the day/ time of day. An average makes it easier to see a trend. Excel or a smartphone app.

Careful.with the "Thermogenic" stuff........will increase your heart rate also. Anything between 10-15 beats/minute.........next your blood pressure, etc. Rather just choose a seriaaaas espresso 30-60min before training. Some off those concoctions and their ingredients are questionable at best.

Thank you!! It doesnt matter how you do the eggs? Poach, boil, scramble,fry? guess not fry due to the oil? Thanks again

I boil the eggs the night before while making supper. In the morning you can just grab and go. If i must make them in the morning then I forget as we must get the kids ready for school

I'd stay away form those 'thermogenic' supplements, they usually have side effects. Rather healthy balanced meals and exercise. I found that reducing my carb and sugar intake helped a lot.

Careful.with the "Thermogenic" stuff........will increase your heart rate also. Anything between 10-15 beats/minute.........next your blood pressure, etc. Rather just choose a seriaaaas espresso 30-60min before training. Some off those concoctions and their ingredients are questionable at best.

They really make me feel jittery. Don't like that stuff

It takes a while to kick in as well.

you can expect years of weight gain to shred in a couple weeks.

My mate uses all these fat burners and he puts the weight back on quickly when done.

PS, alcohol is one of the biggest problems.

I'd stay away form those 'thermogenic' supplements, they usually have side effects. Rather healthy balanced meals and exercise. I found that reducing my carb and sugar intake helped a lot.

Agree. If you do decide to take them, raise your intake of water. Your kidneys will thank you.

I do weight training 4 times a week and cycle only on weekends.I maintain body weight but I'm slowly losing body fat..

The meal plan: 5 teaspoons of Future Life cereal in the morning after each workout.

Sometimes an apple as a morning snack.Lunch is 2-3 Ryvita cakes with plain fat free cottage cheese..Sometimes I'd put on some powdered biltong on smoked ham.

In the evenings I try to eat before 19:30..Chicken or fish and mixed veggies.

I also drink loads of water during the day.

Edited by hof27