Flat pedal shoes (other than Five Ten)

GuyOnBike

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are the ones! Next time I'll go find some of those grey ones.

Mine look like thisattachicon.gifHi-Tec-Figaro-300x225.jpg

In the end after endless crawling through shoe shops where this shoe is sold out in my size - I finally found it at Tekkie Town (Claremont) in this exact colour. Goes really well with my all-black bike :D

However - went out with them yesterday and man it was a blast!!! Love them!

Conclusion: Going to save up to invest in proper flats and shoes in the future.

Those are the ones! Next time I'll go find some of those grey ones.

Mine look like thisattachicon.gifHi-Tec-Figaro-300x225.jpg

I cracked yesterday, and in the absence of funds for 5-10's I bought a pair of these.

In the same unfortunate colours...

They are a nice step up from the shoes I was wearing and stuck nicely to the pins on my pedals, they were comfortable too.

For anybody interested Tekkie Town in Tokai has a few pairs and they are on special at R399 at the moment.

They have one pair that isn't neon yellow in a size six (and yes I did try to force my feet in there), the rest are the bright variety. That said once you are riding you don't tend to notice the colour of the shoes.

These will do nicely until I have the cash to buy the big boy shoes.

• 1 month later...

I cracked yesterday, and in the absence of funds for 5-10's I bought a pair of these.

In the same unfortunate colours...

They are a nice step up from the shoes I was wearing and stuck nicely to the pins on my pedals, they were comfortable too.

For anybody interested Tekkie Town in Tokai has a few pairs and they are on special at R399 at the moment.

They have one pair that isn't neon yellow in a size six (and yes I did try to force my feet in there), the rest are the bright variety. That said once you are riding you don't tend to notice the colour of the shoes.

These will do nicely until I have the cash to buy the big boy shoes.

So after a months worth of riding, how are the Figaro's holding up?

In the end after endless crawling through shoe shops where this shoe is sold out in my size - I finally found it at Tekkie Town (Claremont) in this exact colour. Goes really well with my all-black bike :D

However - went out with them yesterday and man it was a blast!!! Love them!

Conclusion: Going to save up to invest in proper flats and shoes in the future.

The shoes seem good but on my second ride after getting them I crashed and followed that up by breaking the bike on a small jump.

Took me three weeks to get around to fixing it. Got back out this weekend and it appears I have forgotten how to ride because I was rubbish.

To cut a long story short I have only ridden in them four times but so far all seems good on the comfort, grip etc front.

Now if I can just stop crashing and breaking stuff...

The shoes seem good but on my second ride after getting them I crashed and followed that up by breaking the bike on a small jump.

Took me three weeks to get around to fixing it. Got back out this weekend and it appears I have forgotten how to ride because I was rubbish.

To cut a long story short I have only ridden in them four times but so far all seems good on the comfort, grip etc front.

Now if I can just stop crashing and breaking stuff...

EISH BUD, GLAD YOU BACK ON THE BIKE THOUGH.

EISH BUD, GLAD YOU BACK ON THE BIKE THOUGH.

Thanks.

On the little evidence so far I am happy to recommend them.

Thanks.

On the little evidence so far I am happy to recommend them.

My present Addidas' tongue chaffs me terribly. How does the Figaro's tongue handle the constant movement against your foot / Front part of ankle? 

These are currently on sale at the HiTec factory shops for R399. Similar to the Figaro just better colours and in leather. Has the same Vibram sole.

They available in black/charcoal or brown

http://st.zapato.ru/750/upload/content/6580/1396580/14090357734259.jpg

http://www.zappos.com/images/z/2/2/9/4/7/8/2294786-3-4x.jpg

Where is the factory shop? I want a pair!

Access Park in Bellville or the one in Kenilworth. I know there is also a HiTec shop in Stellenbosch. Think in Church street but not sure.

These are currently on sale at the HiTec factory shops for R399. Similar to the Figaro just better colours and in leather. Has the same Vibram sole.

They available in black/charcoal or brown

http://st.zapato.ru/750/upload/content/6580/1396580/14090357734259.jpg

http://www.zappos.com/images/z/2/2/9/4/7/8/2294786-3-4x.jpg

That's a good price - I saw those in cape union Mart for over R700 over the weekend

My present Addidas' tongue chaffs me terribly. How does the Figaro's tongue handle the constant movement against your foot / Front part of ankle?

Haven't felt any movement or had any discomfort but I do tend to tie them tight enough to cut off the blood supply to my feet.

I notice with the Sapato that it is closed with leather in the front, although it will allow less dust to enter, wont it at the same time be less breathable and if you get them soaked wont it keep the water in the shoe instead of draining it?

Edit : Vs the Figaro which i think might be better for our intended usage.

Edited by ScottC-M

Nukeproof and 5/10 are a perfect combination.

Bite the bullet and buy the shoes now; you won't regret it. And you will really enjoy the bike.

Some analogies going around, so let's add one - a bit like the perfect date ever (ever, ever) and ending up with a 'blank gun'.