Campy spares rip off

mr min

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Madmarc

Its just the plastic shift lever on the right hand side.Hoping you have one to sell me

that can work.attachicon.gifIMG_20140917_060424.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_20140917_060445.jpg

YOu can fix that yourself while you wait for a new one to arrive... Get a piece of plastic, some epoxy, a small drill bit (put it in your drill) and some picture-frame wire (the thin, gold coloured stuff)

Drill a hole in each end of the plastic splint, and in each piece of the lever (obviously line them up properly so that the holes are in the same place) and then thread the wire through the one set of holes and tie it up. Then wrap the lever and splint together tightly, and then tie it off n the 2nd set of holes (start on the section of lever that's still attached to the STI - it'll be easier like that) and then once splinted and tied off, coat it in epoxy... It'll be a fix, and it'll work 

Edited by cpt armpies mayhem

I needed to replace the springs in one of my campy shifters recently. Went online, got the part number, asked my LBS to order it, the 2 springs cost R54 and postage R60, so he said he will order something with it to cut the postage.

Its also really one of the easiest shifters to take apart.

Oh and you do not glue Campy! You'll lose style points!

I needed to replace the springs in one of my campy shifters recently. Went online, got the part number, asked my LBS to order it, the 2 springs cost R54 and postage R60, so he said he will order something with it to cut the postage.

You do if you need a quick fix and the dealers are screwing you around...

That's not the point. Putting it together is what matters, and I'm not quite brave enough to take shifters that expensive apart myself. I go to Jared at BMC and I let him sweat for his money!

Campy is easy.

Shimano is impossible to put together again.....just trust me on this one.  heheheheh

Never tried SRAM.....anyone I can borrow a SRAM lever from? 

New Campy 2015 stuff arriving sooooooonnnnn.

Time to get some toys?

So do you also reckon 2015 FD/RD wont work with previous Ergos?

I've read on another forum guys say it won't work.  The co. in question actually goes out and TEST the compatibility between stuff.
So they took it on them to see what goes where and how.  And they say nope......won't work.

They even went so far as to disassemble the 2014 levers and replace the inner body with a 2015 body (Sold as a spare part) and they could not.

I've read on another forum guys say it won't work.  The co. in question actually goes out and TEST the compatibility between stuff.

So they took it on them to see what goes where and how.  And they say nope......won't work.

They even went so far as to disassemble the 2014 levers and replace the inner body with a 2015 body (Sold as a spare part) and they could not.

Thats a pity as the new derailleurs look awesome.

Will rather save up for EPS then

another reason why i Import as much as i can. 

campy is awesome. Just Source the part form overseas and DIY.