Giant shop in Durbanville

Jacques Lotriet

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I spoke to Hannes a while ago. It will be a Giant Concept store which will be located close to the Checkers (not Shoprite) in Durbanville and should be open sometime in November (not sure about exact date).

Apparently a concept Giant store next to Checkers in Wellington rd, where they are demolishing the current building to be rebuild again

I also herd that Revolution cycles in town are opening a Specialized concept store and they should start trading in November this year.

Too many concept stores opening IMHO, gone are the days of getting everything under one roof. Seems like the cycling industry is following the retail industry model we already have golfers trying to sell you a bike, what next?

Mmmmm. Will be a point of visit when comming down for Argus next year. Man my wife hates these bike shops stops while we are in the Cape. Always start with the Expo, and not find what I am looking for.

Problem is I self don't know what I am looking for...

• 2 months later...

There was a team riding in Giant Durbanville colours in the Coronation Double Century this year. They were super hot, they must have been sponsored by this new shop opening?

There was a team riding in Giant Durbanville colours in the Coronation Double Century this year. They were super hot, they must have been sponsored by this new shop opening?

Yeah, they set a course record and took top spot for quite a few editions now.

The shop owner is also I've heard team manager and sponsor

Just had a chat to Hannes. He said that they are planning to open the 15th of December.

They are located On the corner of wellinton and oxfort street.

They took over the sponsorship of previously known team NuWater.

• 3 weeks later...

Just had a chat to Hannes. He said that they are planning to open the 15th of December.

They are located On the corner of wellinton and oxfort street.

They took over the sponsorship of previously known team NuWater.

Still not open. Assume/hope they open around January 5th... My Trance 2 needs a service.

Chances are slim of them opening soon. They've missed 2 opening dates already. No com's from their side either does not bode very well.

Archived