Bestmed Jacaranda Satellite Classic (80km and 106km)

Marijan

So who is doing what distance?

I cant decide which one my legs will handle... legs have been rather flat the last week or so

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So who is doing what distance?

I cant decide which one my legs will handle... legs have been rather flat the last week or so

Go with the long distance... From a seeding point of view, you will get a far better beta value / seeding!

Go long for strong! 
See you guys there.

Still need to find some legs though.  Nothing in the classifieds yet.  :wacko:

Go with the long distance... From a seeding point of view, you will get a far better beta value / seeding!

Agreed... entered the long, should be good day out and in a weird way looking forward to the Hekpoort climb  :w00t:  :eek:  but my view may change once we hit the road

Doc says I am not ready to race yet, douche...

So I have a free 106km entry that needs a good home. PM me if you want it.

Edit: Entry taken.

5.2% ave gradient sounds about right for Hekpoort. The distance is what makes it difficult.

And although you are probably all right about it being harder than Suikerbossie, it is not too bad when compared to Long Tom Pass and Spitskop in the Panorama/Jock.

exactly nothing compared to Longtom or Spitskop but not impossible

Similar climbs in randburg also cat 3 - Strava segments

Stairway to heaven - northcliff

The Real Hillsnacks - KDH

Sterkfontein pain cave - From cradle t junction

Full Allens Nek climb - Christiaan de wet past Clearwater all the way to ontdekkers

If you manage those you will manage hekpoort, hekpoort is a little tougher but not by much.

I haven't done this race yet, looking forward to it, just need to loose my 5kg Oktoberfest fat I gained recently...

I just wish the finish was closer to the climb, would have given the climbers the option of attacking on the hill and going for the win.

exactly nothing compared to Longtom or Spitskop but not impossible

Similar climbs in randburg also cat 3 - Strava segments

Stairway to heaven - northcliff

The Real Hillsnacks - KDH

Sterkfontein pain cave - From cradle t junction

Full Allens Nek climb - Christiaan de wet past Clearwater all the way to ontdekkers

If you manage those you will manage hekpoort, hekpoort is a little tougher but not by much.

I haven't done this race yet, looking forward to it, just need to loose my 5kg Oktoberfest fat I gained recently...

I just wish the finish was closer to the climb, would have given the climbers the option of attacking on the hill and going for the win.

A tip, after Kekpoort there is a decent, and then a sharp left turn, which runs past a waterpoint, after which is another little bump, attack there as I think you could be caught on the run between Hekpoort and that bump....

Looking for an entry - anyone not going to be able ride please let me know.

Still looking if anyone has to skip the race

A tip, after Kekpoort there is a decent, and then a sharp left turn, which runs past a waterpoint, after which is another little bump, attack there as I think you could be caught on the run between Hekpoort and that bump....

Or the final kilo.  Also eina on the legs.  ;)

Looking for an entry - anyone not going to be able ride please let me know.

late entries are usually available at registration

late entries are usually available at registration

Without any seeding though... May as well just do a normal training ride then.

Archived