Meerendal MTB

Tubeless

Very funny how "mountain bikers" want trails smoother and their bushes trimmed.

They weren't in any better shape then either.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the idea is that we do not want lice ticks on our legs.

And also this trail is the only novice friendly (family) trail of the club.

Nice one Meerendal. Thanks for listening to the pleas of those who faithfully ride your trails. Big applause everyone. Now if only I can get my plane ticket back home sorted, since Zambia is not the place to be in summer...

I would like to send some KUDOS to Meerendal. The have mowed around the trail. I was there yesterday afternoon, looks much better and I had a great ride, good work.

The mountain didn't get any smaller, maybe you can look into that!!!!!!!!!!

Yes please, can you make it much higher yet have less climbing.

Thinking enough climbing to get the legs warm (say 5km) and then a decent DH ST of roughly 50km and the trail starts and finishes at the parking lot where you have highly trained bike washer who take your bike from your and hand replace it with a cold beverage of your choice (They won't ask as they should know what you like) while you enjoy a relaxing massage waiting for your bike ....

I think the idea is that we do not want lice on our legs.

And also this trail is the only novice friendly (family) trail of the club.

You mean Ticks=Bosluis, lice=luis

Membership prices have dropped another 25% as of yesterday. It is standard amongst most prorated memberships that they do not drop completely in line with the drop in duration, but please also remember that 2014 boards can be used until the end of January 2015.

On the website it says that the membership is valid 'till 31Dec, so would I be able to use the board 'till end Jan

Question on Meerendal facilities -

Is the jumping castle always there at the restaurant and what time does the restaurant open? Seems like a cool place for my wife and kids to play while I play on the mountain ;)

Second - what is the earliest one is allowed to enter Meerendal for MTB?

On the second question.

There are no times that I am aware of. You may ride when it is light.

That is how I understand it.

On the second question.

There are no times that I am aware of. You may ride when it is light.

That is how I understand it.

Sunrise to Sunset

Went there last night for a quick ride around the normal track, no Epic lanes open only the pump track and i did not go up to the top due to sunset creeping in.

The place is still very ridable and in my opinion still perfect for mountain biking, so what if the grass is long and trails now more "bumpy", i loved it.

Yes it is a pitty that TygerbergMTB is not nursing the trails anymore but if they (Meerendal) can keep it the way it is now then that is perfect training grounds for novice and experienced riders. Still plenty options for different "skills" 

One added bonus will be if they can re-open the Epic lanes as that would be round it off nicely.

It is good now, but was not 2 weeks ago.

I thought that new piece of singletrack on the eastern side that was made epic time was open.

(Not sure how else to describe it)

Honestly didnt see a thing wrong with the trails, had a good ride.

Would be nice if the new sections were open, some people were going down them

even though you could see the danger tape was supposed to be across the trail but has been ripped away.

I'll say it again... without the Epic sections, Meerendal is mostly plain boring and over weekends it is too busy. I decided a month ago to stop riding there. I would rather ride @ Conties and Hoogekraal, or Hillcrest and Bloemendal (if I feel like climbing). Over weekends, I would say Welvanpas, Rhebokskloof or the likes, should keep things interesting. TBMC is also currently building more trail at Bloemendal, with the help of the G-spot builder. Looks like this will become their new centrepiece trail.

Archived