Meerendal MTB

Tubeless

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does it mean a reduction in my 2015 subscription cos Meerendal doesn't fall within Tygerberg maintenance? 

By that argument do you feel the club should increase membership every time they add a new section?

I have always riding contermans, but havent done so in a while. Good to know there is a new start etc, will have to check it out soon

All the trails being maintained by Patrick (think that's his name?) from TygerMTB are in sublime condition at the moment. Especially Hoogekraal and Contermans. Or maybe I should just keep that a secret ...  :ph34r:

By that argument do you feel the club should increase membership every time they add a new section?

What is the annual membership fee for the club? Do I qualify for a pro rated fee if I join now?

All the trails being maintained by Patrick (think that's his name?) from TygerMTB are in sublime condition at the moment. Especially Hoogekraal and Contermans. Or maybe I should just keep that a secret ...  :ph34r:

@ FlyMango...keep it a secret :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :D  :D ,,,,,,,but Yes Patric and the Gang it doing a great job....the trails are looking awesome

Yes, but they don't have Meerendal to look after, so plenty of extra time.

But that said, they are doing a great job.

Why why why if things go well and trails are maintained it stops all of a sudden!! I love Meerandal, well used to seeing the trails are not being maintained anymore. 

Also noticed the general upkeep is not what it used to be and also thought maybe due to it being winter and all the rains they do not open all the sections, especially the new single track but it makes sense now!!

I hope i'm wrong but will Meerendal only be a fantastic place to ride just before and shortly after the EPIC!!

Glad to hear Conti has some new features, guess my money will go there then!!

http://www.tygerbergmtb.co.za/membership-new/memberships.html

Not sure about pro rata, I think the current fee is less than it was at the start of the year but not by much.

I was a member with Tygerberg for a couple years.  This year, just before renewing my membership I got injured.  Long story short, come July (7 months into the year) and membership for the remaining 5 months is only 15% cheaper (or something to that effect).  So I haven't renewed.

There's also been the Kliprug loss (no fault of the Clubs).  I also hear/read that Meerendal isn't in great shape and some of the corridors are closed.

Disappointing to hear because I don't think any of this is down to the Club's fault (apart from possibly offering cheaper pro rata membership).

I'll certainly review all trail membership options before splashing the cash come year end...  (Bottleray, Welvenpas, Jonkers etc)...

I have been a member of Tygerberg this year only. In my the Tygerberg trails are very well looked after and they are making new trails too. Cycling is an expensive game and for me to pay R600 for a year of great riding is a good deal. R600 gets you 4 races now if you are lucky. 

I'll certainly review all trail membership options before splashing the cash come year end...  (Bottleray, Welvenpas, Jonkers etc)...

Agree, well worth the money to join Jonkers yearly membership!

I was a member with Tygerberg for a couple years.  This year, just before renewing my membership I got injured.  Long story short, come July (7 months into the year) and membership for the remaining 5 months is only 15% cheaper (or something to that effect).  So I haven't renewed.

There's also been the Kliprug loss (no fault of the Clubs).  I also hear/read that Meerendal isn't in great shape and some of the corridors are closed.

Disappointing to hear because I don't think any of this is down to the Club's fault (apart from possibly offering cheaper pro rata membership).

For me the math is simple

IF (number of times I expect to ride the trail in a year) * Daily Entry Fee > Annual Fee

Then I pay the annual fee, if not then I pay as I go

All the rest doesn't matter...

Think again, you pay for X, but now are getting X-1. Or perhaps we are still getting the X, that's why I asked the question. 

For me the math is simple

IF (number of times I expect to ride the trail in a year) * Daily Entry Fee > Annual Fee

Then I pay the annual fee, if not then I pay as I go

All the rest doesn't matter...

yeah, that's part of my equation too.

To be honest I don't mind paying a bit extra knowing that the Club is doing good things over and above the trails - which I believe Tygerberg do.

But I also want value for my money - so I will do my research :-)

Think again, you pay for X, but now are getting X-1. Or perhaps we are still getting the X, that's why I asked the question. 

Your club membership still give you access to Meerendal so you are not getting X-1 (hopefully the bad maintenance is temporary)

New sections gets added to the trails all the time, do you send the club extra money every time a trail gets added, that's my question?

Archived