The 36One MTB Challenge

TrailWarrior

where do you buy them from? & where do you store it while riding?

due south , CAPE Union mart - you can have it in the back of your jersey - its packs very small and flat and take minimal spaceĀ 

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

where do you buy them from? & where do you store it while riding?

Discerm. Put in your shirt back pocket. It is as small as cellphone but flat as a sandwich bag.

Shot, thanks for the info guys. Will be my first officiall endurance event so excuse all the questions.

I'm not counting 24 hour Oak Valley as I only did laps when I felt like it & still managed to get a full nights sleep in.

I used Rehydrate Sport for Baberton Ultra and Sabie Ultra. Works like a bomb.

Any of you carry the space blanket with you, is it compulsory?

Best bang for buck in terms of weight safety equipment is space blanket and a whistle.

Ā 

Might not be such an issue on a course like this with people always behind you to help, but for wild long rides alone in the night it's a good idea. I carry two space blankets. They're disposable, and you're not scared of using your first one then.

How many Tolgates are there from PTA to Oudshoorn. I'm going to use the N1 never really drove that way, so i don't want to be shocked... :ph34r:Ā  :whistling:Ā Ā 

How many Tolgates are there from PTA to Oudshoorn. I'm going to use the N1 never really drove that way, so i don't want to be shocked... :ph34r:Ā  :whistling:Ā Ā 

it would appear none (go to options, click, 'avoid tolls' and see if route changes)

Ā 

https://www.google.co.za/maps/dir/Pretoria/Oudtshoorn,+Western+Cape/@-29.584284,20.7418221,6z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x1e95619cbec65033:0xf66262b07a847b4c!2m2!1d28.2292712!2d-25.7478676!1m5!1m1!1s0x1dd5c186eab513b5:0x8d4347748e08eb61!2m2!1d22.2026347!2d-33.6007225!3e0

Ā 

Half compared to driving from Joburg to Durbs. Think there's 3. The last one is just before Bloem.

Getting nervous now , had good training leading up to raceĀ , butĀ was away on holiday for 9 days and only returnedĀ on SundayĀ and unable to train. Not ideal for the lead up to race. I really hope I will be ok now. I plan toĀ  get 1 x 100km ride in on Sat and 70km on Sunday and then I am done. Cant wait to get started on Friday.

Ā 

Good luck to everyone

Ā 

How many Tolgates are there from PTA to Oudshoorn. I'm going to use the N1 never really drove that way, so i don't want to be shocked... :ph34r:Ā  :whistling:

Ā 

After the e-tolls, there is one at Grasmere, one near Parys, one somewhere before Bloemfontein and nothing thereafter.

Getting nervous now , had good training leading up to race , but was away on holiday for 9 days and only returned on Sunday and unable to train. Not ideal for the lead up to race. I really hope I will be ok now. I plan to get 1 x 100km ride in on Sat and 70km on Sunday and then I am done. Cant wait to get started on Friday.

Ā 

Good luck to everyone

[emoji3] almost same issue except for the fact that you were on holiday!

Bike frame broke on the 10th of March! So hade to start the claim process..borrowed an bike, but fell ill the 14th! So no riding, hade to give the bike back before I could start again. Got the claim sorted, bike build and handed back on the 2nd of April! So I will also just go for maybe 2 LSR the weekend and hope for the best. Good luck with the race!

How many Tolgates are there from PTA to Oudshoorn. I'm going to use the N1 never really drove that way, so i don't want to be shocked... :ph34r:Ā  :whistling:

Hi

Ā 

There are 3 toll gates:

Grasmere = R 17 (south of Jhb)

Kroonvaal = R 56 (near Parys)

Verkeerdevlei = R 48.50 (near Bloem)

Roadworks and maybe "stop & go" just after Kroonstad.

Ā 

Cheers

Today a week!!!Ā  :whistling:

Temps are looking warm coming out of the darkness into Saturday....30 deg...... :blink:

I need to get as far as I can before dawn...........me and heat don't go well....... :thumbdown: