[Event] 2015 Ashburton Investments NATIONAL MTB SERIES #4 Van Gaalen

WesselvdWalt

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite a late start even for A batch (8:15) at least it will be hotter by then.

I have come down with a flu virus and feel horrible... sadly no Van Gaalens for me this weekend.

Same here, except i sit with a broken frame that needs replacing

I have come down with a flu virus and feel horrible... sadly no Van Gaalens for me this weekend.

I got flu on Sun. Made me stress for Sat. Took a pile of meds and got a few extra hours sleep. By Tues I was boss again. *phew*

Ek het ook verkoue! Hopelik kom ek reg voor Saterdag! Ek spring darem eers 08H25 weg, dan behoort dit al bietjie warmer te wees!

Starting off at 7:55, hopefully it will be OK by then.

Quick question, how do they determine who starts in the UCI batches and who starts in the Amateur batches? Not aware of a racing license for MTB, so correct me if I'm wrong.

On another note, I realised that I will probably finish at about 14h30 on Saturday, that is if my race goes well. Will there still be people left there by that time? :eek:

There is a racing license for MTB, same set-up as road. I would also like to know how they are going to determine who won what at the end of the day. For the elite/u23 it wont be an issue, but the age cats will be a bit more difficult.

There is no difference between road & MTB licences but to race UCI you need an international racing licence and not a local one. 

There is no difference between road & MTB licences but to race UCI you need an international racing licence and not a local one. 

Thanks, thought as much. Bring on Fun Gaalens :clap:

Rode in VG's early this morning, recorded -6.8C around 6:45am, warmed up to -3C by 7:30am. Tracks are looking good though, Erik has learned a few tricks from his recent trip to Sani2C 

Disappointment... I got the flu and we also moving house. Won't be able to make the race.

Marathon entry available to the first person that sends me a PM. I'm not sure if you can still do a substitution. F batch

Rode VG yesterday, they had some rain which was great, less dust than last weekend at Bundu bash. not looking forward to the cold....but i guess we will be warm quickly

Archived