The "I hate Specialized" Bandwagon...... what's the deal?

L.T.G

I believe that Spaz bikes are some of the most beautiful creations in the cycling industry, but unfortunately many of the Spaz riders are pricks kitted out like a Las Vegas advertising campaign for Spaz. I have nothing against the brand but not to fond of the riders, I have noticed this changing but the majority are still a bit iffy (much like BMW drivers :whistling: ). 

Then with regards to the Canondale with only half a fork... I shall leave it there. 

WHOOOHOOO it's Friday!!!!!!!

Ouch! I ride a spez and drive a BMW, yet I don't go ripping on other riders or drivers - generalisations are nothing more than one group trying to rationalise their envy of another - POINT

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok so this thread keeps rearing its ugly head. 

I have ridden a mates Spez 29'er full sus Epic. Going down the jeep track just outside Kamieskroon was amazingly smooth and fast as all hell. 

Having said that I will most likely never buy a Spez MTB and never buy a Spez road bike. Too much of a Bianchi fan! 

However it would be pretty amazing if Spez released a hard tail steel SS MTB, out of the blue. 

Happy friday! I'm off to Ghana. Lets see what I can pick up for a song there. Hopefully not one of your stolen bikes  :ph34r:

Ouch! I ride a spez and drive a BMW, yet I don't go ripping on other riders or drivers - generalisations are nothing more than one group trying to rationalise their envy of another - POINT

No it's not that all Spez riders are k@k riders or prickheads or something. But it just so happens that when you encounter a k@k rider, he's riding a Spez.

Inductive reasoning.

Happy Friday  :clap:

No it's not that all Spez riders are k@k riders or prickheads or something. But it just so happens that when you encounter a k@k rider, he's riding a Spez.

Inductive reasoning.

Happy Friday  :clap:

Understood. Why not try 'constructive reasoning' a dooch is a dooch - no matter what they ride - I just feel I am bundled with a whole lot of chops and I am not one of them. But I get your point

However it would be pretty amazing if Spez released a hard tail steel SS MTB, out of the blue. 

Get out of my head! :P 

Was thinking the exact same thing yesterday!

Don't you mean long travel ht ss steel frame with optional geared hanger........

Ok so this thread keeps rearing its ugly head.

I have ridden a mates Spez 29'er full sus Epic. Going down the jeep track just outside Kamieskroon was amazingly smooth and fast as all hell.

Having said that I will most likely never buy a Spez MTB and never buy a Spez road bike. Too much of a Bianchi fan!

Happy friday! I'm off to Ghana. Lets see what I can pick up for a song there. Hopefully not one of your stolen bikes :ph34r:

Sheesh, bad luck on getting both :ph34r:. Big ups on going back to Nov 2014 to quote a post!!! Regarding Spaz riders, generally the one's I have encountered are a slightly iffy group. And if you give them some (well deserved at times) sh!t, they take it personal and cry in the corner.

However as I stated there is a change, actually a few that buy them for the brilliant machines they are. Should you be one of these I am proud of you sir, should you take this debate personal. HTFU!!

Regarding the BMW's, I will stick to my theory that most are pricks until proven otherwise. PS, there was a prick with his white BMX X6 parked in the disabled parking spot at Centurion Mall this morning.

Regarding the BMW's, I will stick to my theory that most are pricks until proven otherwise. PS, there was a prick with his white BMX X6 parked in the disabled parking spot at Centurion Mall this morning.

His disability is that he drives a BMW  :P

Ya same BMW  -an old one and a 4 year out of date Spaz - gives me massive bragging rights :-) 

By the way - just seen a  poll on Pinkbike - the most owned bike in the  trail/dh/enduro riding world covered by PB is ... you guessed it, Spaz....

Sheesh, bad luck on getting both :ph34r:. Big ups on going back to Nov 2014 to quote a post!!! Regarding Spaz riders, generally the one's I have encountered are a slightly iffy group. And if you give them some (well deserved at times) ****, they take it personal and cry in the corner.

However as I stated there is a change, actually a few that buy them for the brilliant machines they are. Should you be one of these I am proud of you sir, should you take this debate personal. HTFU!!

I am a prick no matter what car I drive .. Mazda brought out the prick even more than the BMW.

Well said. I'm in the same category as you. I fail to understand these childish generalisations

I don't like the SPAZ as to many a holes ride them and give the brand a bad name

How ever go and see the majority of used MTB being sold on the hub you guessed it SPAZ

makes you wonder why

MOMSEN FOREVER

Archived