Scam on Gumtree

sluiper

But in this case the corrected value speaks for itself.

Well, as soon as you know of someone selling a SL4 with Di2 and Zipp 202's for R18 000, please let me know as I'll take a few.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, I could be wrong.

Weird that the same ad is up on OLX (http://capetown.olx.co.za/s-works-tarmac-sl4-di2-zipp-r-75-000-iid-746185666) with some very different info and a more realistic price.

Also, the email address "she" uses when replying has been reported for being used in other scams.

"She" also came back to me and said she added a 0 too many (but then doesn't fix the ad?).

Doesn't really add up for me.

Scam .Only SmS .Does not know what a carbon wheel is .Nigerian accent .STAY AWAY !!!!.Says he is in Freestate ??? Somebody with aR75000 bike but does not have e-mail ???

Let's make a thread of suspicious adds. 

It's a start to highlight possiable fraudsters and the possibility of saving somebody from falling victim. 

Let's make a thread of suspicious adds. 

It's a start to highlight possiable fraudsters and the possibility of saving somebody from falling victim. 

This already exists...

At least they have the decency to tell you they slid off and the carbon has been repaired :mellow: . On a serious note the climb buttons for the Di2 are nice....

Same bike but different price (R179000) plus full story here:

http://www.gumtree.co.za/a-sports-bicycles-fitness/tamboerskloof/s-works-tarmac-sl4-di2-zipp/1001203375710910002725309

Different contacts too.

Posted 29/10:

(I wondered about the "slid off" bit!!)

" the Di2 was transferred over from my then frame (an SL3 Roubaix) and has been in use two years now. the S works stem/bar were also transferred over so these too are two years old. the Zipp 202 wheels were bought last january so 18 months, they were not on the bike when I slid off. the saddle is the 89g selle italia SLR C64 saddle .

the frame has brand new internal cabling . NOW, an important piece of information....I fell off this bike last August and damaged (scratched) the right hand seat stay such that it needed reinforcing with carbon through Carbon Bike Solutions.

their best efforts cannot replace the decals 100% and if you look specifically you can tell, but you have to look its not obvious (pic 3). there is a mark on the downtube also from a time when I put it against a stone on the cumbrian hills and it was scratched but its not obvious. Ive done hundreds if not over thousands of miles on this bike since and its not been any concerns.

More details ? contact me"

"Cumbrian hills" "thousands of miles" seems like it's been plagiarised from a uk ad to lend an air of authenticity.

• 2 weeks later...

Found this on OLX, sommer in my back yard.

http://brits.olx.co.za/men-s-mountain-bike-new-giant-anthem-full-suspen-iid-755458624

I asked if the bikes is still available...... this was the reply

"Dear client,

Accept worm greetings from us, we sell our Giant Anthem Full Suspension bike at R12000 we're actually having an end of year special which is running from the 10 November to the 10 December all client purchasing within this period of time will have to benefit from our promotion you are welcome to visit us any time from 8am to 3pm from Monday to Friday..but if the address is too far for you to come visit and make a choice or pick one of the Giant Anthem Full Suspension we can courier the Giant Anthem Full Suspension  to you where ever you are located through a reliable courier agency home delivery to your address. if that be the case the information I will be needing from you are found below."

HOME OR DELIVERY ADDRESS.......................

PHONE NUMBERS....................................

EMAIL ADDRESS...................................

NEAREST AIRPORT...................................

TIME YOU WILL LIKE TO RECEIVE THE Giant Anthem Full Suspension ..................

Best Regards

Sales Manager

Jumat

222 Paul kruggers avenue Bloemfontein.

Archived