When can I stop calling myself a noob?

Albatross

I've  won a few of the 30km Benoni World Champ road races and took a top 10 position in the Nigel Golf Club 20km MTB race, reckon this and my 15000 posts graduates me from Noob status.  :D

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking about this very grave matter myself at the end of each last year. I made a list of things to do and ticked all but one box.

I did two multiday road races (in the mountains)

I did two multi day MTB races

I did a MTB race on a full rigid

I did a MTB race on a S/S

I did the two biggest road races

I raced online with the "manne"

I did several night rides

I only need to build my own wheelset then I am free....

Well, I am building my 4th wheelset...where does that put me... haha

This 10000 posts is quite a big thing...I need a better job so that I can have more time on the hub

It's taken me Ten Tears to get to my post count :whistling:

If you post more than 50 times a year you are probably a noob as you spend too much time reading and talking *** on the hub and not much time riding.

If you have to ask...

I just wanted to say...."when you stop worrying about what other say and stop having to ask them things like this.."

(I would say when you realise how much bull the sales man in the bike shop is talking and that you know servicing/building/fixing your own bike isnt as much rocket sience as the bike shops makes people believe)

I just wanted to say...."when you stop worrying about what other say and stop having to ask them things like this.."

(I would say when you realise how much bull the sales man in the bike shop is talking and that you know servicing/building/fixing your own bike isnt as much rocket sience as the bike shops makes people believe)

You seem to have a serious issue with bike shops ,I have said it before many people can "work" on their own bikes but are they doing it right ?

1000 posts will unshackle you my brother....however in real life the fishing analogy rings true

First you want to catch a fish

Then you want to catch lots of fish

Then you want to catch a big fish

Then you want to catch elusive fish

Lastly you want to teach people to fish.

So lets translate to cycling

First you want to ride a bike

Then you want to ride in a race

Then you want to ride a hard race

Then you want to a stage race

Then you stop giving a crap about races and just ride with tjommies for the laughs 

You seem to have a serious issue with bike shops ,I have said it before many people can "work" on their own bikes but are they doing it right ?

True true...

You can butcher a bike and it will roll...case and point my symphony crank at the 94, it was like zola budd, its ugly but it runs...doesn't mean its done properly though

True true...

You can butcher a bike and it will roll...case and point my symphony crank at the 94, it was like zola budd, its ugly but it runs...doesn't mean its done properly though

Symphony crank  :clap:

First you want to ride a bike

Then you want to ride in a race

Then you want to ride a hard race

Then you want to a stage race

Then you stop giving a crap about races and just ride with tjommies for the laughs 

You'll want to race, to train, to bleed, to have fun, to count miles, to count calories, to compete..........

One day you wake up and you just want to ride your bike. Nothing more. Nothing less

I wash my bike more often than my car, I've ordered bits of bike online from China, I've recorded rides on a GoPro, is it too soon to drop the noob tag?

As soon as you stop thinking of yourself as a noob, you will not be one.

We have a winner.

...he rides with Thor, Odin and Zeus, no laughing involved I assure you.

True true...

I have this saying at work..."it doesnt mean if it fits it will work". If it works though, it works. And by "it works" it means for the entire intended life span under the conditions it is meant to do so.

Archived