Covers performed better than the original......

L.T.G

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Written by Christine McVie who was previously Christine Perfect and performed on what I would have to consider the greatest album of all time, Rumours.

I was very involved in the building of the World of Yamaha studio in Woodmead.  When they were doing the final testing of the "Sushi Room" (We nicknamed it that because we figured only Kenny Kunene would be able to afford the kit in there) the only CD I had was Rumours.  We played this track....

http://youtu.be/GGyCx9WgGV8

It was most probably the sweetest, crispest guitar work I have ever heard.....

speaking of covers and good ones at that, this is right around the corner

http://online.computicket.com/web/event/kings_of_chaos/845174963/0/61536399/

A feast of musical mayhem awaits any true fan of rock n roll, when Rock Royalty "KINGS OF CHAOS" return to South Africa in November/December.
Seven original musicians from various iconic international rock bands will show off their musical mastery in this one "Super Group". Just some of the bands these musicians have founded or performed in, include Aerosmith, Guns n Roses, ZZ Top, Cheap Trick, Velvet Revolver, The Cult and Extreme.
The impressive line-up of rock royalty includes, as a very special guest, Aerosmith`s iconic lead singer and songwriter Steven Tyler, performing in South Africa for the first time, alongside Guns n Roses musicians Duff McKagan, Matt Sorum and Gilby Clarke, Billy Gibbons from ZZ Top, Robin Zander from Cheap Trick and Nuno Bettencourt from Extreme.
Collectively, these artists have sold in excess of 450 million albums worldwide and together, they have penned many of the most defining rock anthems of all time. In Kings of Chaos they will perform some of their greatest hit songs in a two hour Rock n Roll master class!
Don`t miss the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to experience these iconic artists performing in the intimacy and comfort of two of South Africa`s very best indoor arenas.