Covers performed better than the original......

L.T.G

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

watching Soprano's tonight i was reminded of Dolphins by Fred Neil

It has been covered by incredible artists like Tim Buckley, linda Ronstadt, Billy Bragg, Aztec Camera......The version by billy bragg is the one that introduced me to the song and is possibly the better of the covers (with Linda Ronstadt's version just behind)...... but i don't think any of them even come close to the original ...which is just superb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO6CNj5YVF8

Brilliant thread!

There are so many superb covers of songs I love, many of which have already been posted here, but this has to be my favourite. I love when an artist reinterprets a song and (always subject to personal opinion) improves on it. There are thousands of Dylan covers but this always gives me goosebumps...

http://youtu.be/Z5HXJe8fspo

Stripped down... just Finn and an acoustic guitar. Unfortunately, the sound quality is a bit suspect - apparently sourced from the feed of a Sydney radio station.

Edited by Lou Zealand

One of my all time favourite songs covered by the legend himself .

And his cover of that Rogers and Hammerstein song they all sing at Anfield is much better that the cover Gerry and the Pacemakers did.......

And his cover of that Rogers and Hammerstein song they all sing at Anfield is much better that the cover Gerry and the Pacemakers did.......