Covers performed better than the original......

L.T.G

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a very special surprise tribute/collaboration that is after all also a cover.

goosebump stuff

Yup, right there in the feels.........

...but definitely not better, but it may occupy some space here :thumbup:

Not better, no. The original is a bona fide classic. The whole Heat Dust & Dreams album is perfect.

But this project is amazing. So many faces and voices. Having Dave Matthews and Peter Gabriel involved is pretty cool too.

If you enjoyed the video, then this is a must watch. Johnny's reaction when they showed him this which he knew nothing of. The love and bond between Johnny and Jesse is also something special.

Not better, no. The original is a bona fide classic. The whole Heat Dust & Dreams album is perfect.

But this project is amazing. So many faces and voices. Having Dave Matthews and Peter Gabriel involved is pretty cool too.

If you enjoyed the video, then this is a must watch. Johnny's reaction when they showed him this which he knew nothing of. The love and bond between Johnny and Jesse is also something special.

I'm a Glegg fanboy of note.

I miss hardly anything he puts out and eventually unearth it if it's out there. We had the kids around the TV last night showing them the video, both my children have seen him live at least twice so it's a family affair.

Johnny and Jesse's bond is amazing!

I'm a Glegg fanboy of note.

I miss hardly anything he puts out and eventually unearth it if it's out there. We had the kids around the TV last night showing them the video, both my children have seen him live at least twice so it's a family affair.

Johnny and Jesse's bond is amazing!

Ditto. I have everything he has officially released, and when I tried to count I got up to around 50 shows that I've been to, from Juluka through to the Johnny Clegg Band.

I was incredibly lucky to go backstage at a show in 2016 and spend time with him and Sipho. I had no idea Johnny was undergoing chemo at the time.

Oh jeez... Am I the only one that found it cheesy and live aid like cringey...I was waiting for Bob geldof to make an appearance

nope not just you.

There's 0,01% of people watching the youtube video giving it a thumbs down.

Oh jeez... Am I the only one that found it cheesy and live aid like cringey...I was waiting for Bob geldof to make an appearance

I'm not particularly fond of this type of thing either, especially when Ard Matthews and Kahn Morebee is invited (not to even mention Van Coke), however, Johnny Clegg is battling cancer and from a South African perspective, long overdue.

We hear you. 

Johnny Clegg is a real legend!

Edited by Hairy

I'm not particularly fond of this type of thing either, especially when Ard Matthews and Kahn Morebee is invited (not to even mention Van Coke), however, Johnny Clegg is battling cancer and from a South African perspective, long overdue.

We hear you.

Cool.. You get where I'm coming from

We hear you. 

I guess then his son who did this for him as a surprise with several people (like Ard, Karen, Arno, Zolani etc) whi are Clegg family friends was ill advised?

Interesting. I thought it came from a good place and was well intended.

Johnny has been very open about his fight with cancer and I think the SA music industry acknowledging his massive, massive contribution now while he is around to appreciate it means more to me than the cliched, obligatory posthumous tribute albums and concerts...

Did you see Bob Geldof's appearance at FNB Sunday? Now THAT was cringe-worthy.

Did you see Bob Geldof's appearance at FNB Sunday? Now THAT was cringe-worthy.

Bob geldof if so far up his own arse he could roll down a hill

Bob geldof if so far up his own arse he could roll down a hill

I felt for Eddie Vedder though. Trying to get a response from a Beyonce crowd. I hope he comes back with PJ one day though.