The Munga 2015

StevieL

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:clap:

put this pic in the "make you want to ride thread"

flip now I just want to ride my bicycle !

I know exactly what you mean, that stretch of road looks flippen awesome.

I know exactly what you mean, that stretch of road looks flippen awesome.

would be HELL if the south easter is blowing

JOhn is in front !!!!

GU is stopped !!!

Wasnt following the thread for a while, I thought everyone had been talking about it.

I wonder if GU keeps having a mechanical or sorts? he has stopped a bunch of times in the last few hours.

89km to race village for JN.

john is either putting in a big effort before the pass, or he is pulling away - but GU is not handling well at all ! GU at 14km/hr and John at 29km/hr

****I'm tired...think they should just all stop now and carry on when I wake up!!

Yeah I agree.. damn man.. If I go to bed now, it will also be finished by the time I wake up

In the underlying drama of things, Alex and Martin Dreyer have had a very healthy rivalry at the freedom challenge. In 2012, it was quite evident that they were both taking it seriously, and the first shot across the bow was when Martin and john ntuli beat alex and his partner at epic. That year was the Ali and Frazier of freedom challenges, as they both traded blows across the karoo. Martin won by 7 hours in the end, but it was much closer than that. No one has come within 2 days of that record since. 

For Martin's protege from the dusi valley to win Alex's brainchild of a race is quite something. Even if John doesn't pull through and get the victory, he's more than earned his stripes here. I think there might be some adventure racing teams calling Martin for some racers soon.

I actually thought it was a bit of a run in till bainskloof. on inspection it looks like about 60% of the climbing in this race is in the last 60km. 

#farfromover

dedication time!

it's about a cute little okie trying to find his friends. he needs to ride across the karoo, on a bike. he finds them. 450m people have now watched this video, and yes it does feature Nils' little bike shop in woodstock(location now moved to bigger and better)

Archived