Building a Cyclo Cross bike

Meerkat82

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the more popular once at the moment is the copy of the 3T frameset. I don't like the dropped chainstay. Also make sure should you consider this frameset about crank size compatibility. I can recommend this company as I bought my frameset from them

Here's the link: http://www.speedercycling.com/Carbon-Gravel-Frameset-SC-G23D-_p232.html

Now the next one is the one I would have bought had I known about its existence at the time I bought mine???? The frame is stunning, different to the normal molds that you are speaking about

Here's the link: http://www.carbonda.com/road/gravel/cfr505.html

Here some pics of the frame????????

post-26136-0-12051800-1491662949_thumb.jpgpost-26136-0-53241000-1491662964_thumb.jpg

Nice

Are the G one not availible locally?

Don't know. Paid 80 euro, incl shipping and R170-00 vat. Bought from bike24

Okay guys, so I've been following this thread for quite a while now, and I've recently come into some money that can be appropriated to a new project, which involves a Chinese carbon cross bike.

First question. There are so many guys selling their stuff, and so many of the frames are similar, what do I go for and from who do I get it? It appears that Thru-axle is becoming the thing now, so I'd prefer to go with that and (obviously) a disk brake setup.

Thanks in advance!

Sent you a PM

Nice

Are the G one not availible locally?

No. For some reason the agent doesn't fancy the One range too much. Or they can't get allocation.

Both tyres fitted and tubeless done. The tyres I was able to fit by hand, was slightly worried about them sealing properly. The front tyre had no pressure loss overnight without any sealant????

With the spez triggers, the sealant leaked slightly thru the sidewalls, nothing with the G One. Tyres inflated to 2,5/3,5 bar. The tyre size runs true on my rims, whereas the triggers were slightly undersized.

post-26136-0-02006300-1491907521_thumb.jpgpost-26136-0-52227100-1491907547_thumb.jpg

Ready for some more trails????

I have a question, don't know if anyone can help.

Im really keen in using a barend shifter on my Singular build. I want to know if I use Shimano 10 speed barend shifter on friction mode, would I be able too get it to work on SRAM GX 11 speed MTB rear derailleur?

Edited by danthunders

1st ride impressions of the G Ones. Ride was on tar only.

Coming from road 25mm tyres, the extra weight when accelerating is felt immediately, but that is to be expected. The tyres are pumped 2,5/3,5 bar. Nice and comfortable at that pressure. The spez triggers on the front were too mushy at 2,5 bar, the G one feels just right for my 92kg. Once up to speed they roll well and are quite. Think the spez trigger rolls a bit better as they have a center strip which is smother. Could also be the extra 0,5 bar which helped them to roll better. Climbing they feel a bit heavier, but once again maybe the lower pressure as the G ones are a bit lighter. The rubber compound feels softer, so will see how they hold up. Planning on some gravel sections tomorrow morning if the rains stay away

What wheels you running Look695?

Chinese tubeless rims, 33mm deep with an interior width of 18mm, with novatec hubs, 28/32 spoke count. Wheels were build by the "Sherriff" with DT Swiss spokes and brass nipples????????. The rims I ordered without spoke holes in the rim bed, so tubeless set-up easy

How many of you guys are running carbon handlebars or are most of people sticking to the safety of aluminum and just double wrapping the bars?

Is carbon handlebars even going to help on a bad gravel road?

Should one rather get some nice padded gloves?

Edited by Zorro5614

How many of you guys are running carbon handlebars or are most of people sticking to the safety of aluminum and just double wrapping the bars?

Is carbon handlebars even going to help on a bad gravel road?

Should one rather get some nice padded gloves?

Thomson carbon CX bars are very comfortable with 3mm (if I were sober I would remember the brand) bar tape.

Thomson carbon CX bars are very comfortable with 3mm (if I were sober I would remember the brand) bar tape.

Lizard Skins?