Where Giants Roam...post'em

s14phoenix

I remember the ad for this stem.

For a moment I thought about buying it and thinking.

Mmh...I'm gonna need a green bike then.

I was relieved when you bought it

Hahahaha! I remember you and Eddy Gordo telling me the same thing. He was also looking at it IIRC. 

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Weight of fork overcomes front wanting to lift on 30% climbs... :P

Seriously though. The climb up to the contermanskloof mast at times hits more than 30%. I am VERY impressed that I managed to keep the front down on a bike with a 63.5-64 deg HA, 35mm stem and in 1st gear.  

but isn't it #ENDURO to wheelie up climbs??? :lol:

but isn't it #ENDURO to wheelie up climbs??? :lol:

I can't wheelie for ***! 

LOL. But seriously, it was a fine line. Bike was juuuuuust under the balance point on some places. 

I can't wheelie for ***! 

LOL. But seriously, it was a fine line. Bike was juuuuuust under the balance point on some places. 

I wonder if there is a kukker climb in CT than that biaaatch?

That said it was kukker a few years ago before the cemented the one bit.

I wonder if there is a kukker climb in CT than that biaaatch?

That said it was kukker a few years ago before the cemented the one bit.

I dunno, eh. It'd have to be an absolute teef. 

Maybe mofo hill on table mountain?

Mofo right up to the top is definitely worse! Not the first half though. The other mofo which goes from deer park right up to tafelberg road is also way worse.

Mofo right up to the top is definitely worse! Not the first half though. The other mofo which goes from deer park right up to tafelberg road is also way worse.

Spyker's hill is the worst climb for me. But only because its as psychologically traumatizing as it is physically taxing. The gradient is manageable for the most part. But its so long and dreary. Every corner looks exactly the same and the whole thing is just one big mind ****. Its impossible to get lost but somehow I always feel like I made a wrong turn somewhere. Didn't I just pass that same rock? Why is that bush following me? 

Edited by popcorn_skollie

Spyker's hill is the worst climb for me. But only because its as psychologically traumatizing as it is physically taxing. The gradient is manageable for the most part. But its so long and dreary. Every corner looks exactly the same and the whole thing is just one big mind ****. Its impossible to get lost but somehow I always feel like I made a wrong turn somewhere. Didn't I just pass that same rock? Why is that bush following me? 

What, on Hoogies?

naaaah bra, there are far worse than that. Apart from the flies... those flies... GAH!

What, on Hoogies?

naaaah bra, there are far worse than that. Apart from the flies... those flies... GAH!

When ever I head up there. I have to prepare myself for some heavy self reflection.

There's no telling what conversation the voices in my head will have up that treacherous track of infinite twists and turns. Its too long. I'm not referring to the usual talking to myself routine either. I keep stopping and looking back thinking someone called me. But then I realize its probably the guy ahead of me. Mmh...Where is he?

When ever I head up there. I have to prepare myself for some heavy self reflection.

There's no telling what conversation the voices in my head will have up that treacherous track of infinite twists and turns. Its too long. I'm not referring to the usual talking to myself routine either. I keep stopping and looking back thinking someone called me. But then I realize its probably the guy ahead of me. Mmh...Where is he?

HAHAHAHAHA!

That guy ahead of you is the ghost-driver on your fastest lap projection. Always there, teasing at what once was... 

Ride this weekend? Early... 7am at the gate?

Joh, that Answer stem is the shiz...available locally in CTN?

Joh, that Answer stem is the shiz...available locally in CTN?

Spank Spike Race. 

Available from anyone who deals with Spank / International Trade. Or CRC. Pick your poison :P