Where Giants Roam...post'em

s14phoenix

Contermanskloof, Durbanville

Magic mountain in the distance

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Hi Dale

Glad to see you decided to broaden your horizons from tarmac only. :thumbup:

Suspected something like this was just a question of time after your interest in the Anthem thread.

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Dale

Glad to see you decided to broaden your horizons from tarmac only. :thumbup:

Suspected something like this was just a question of time after your interest in the Anthem thread.

Living in cycling heaven named Durbanville

It was an inevitable decision, Dubbin ????????

At Hakahana last week-end, was a mud fest, had to stop twice as the back wheel could not turn at all anymore ... the mud there is like clay. Until we got up the hills where the rocks were nice and clean ... still damn hard work.

Upgrades: Wide Lightning Rims, Rapide 720mm Flat bar, 70mm Stem, FOX Factory Shock (was warranty replacement on EVO), STrack Pedals, Raceface NWN 34T, ESI Chunky grips, Specialized Phenom saddle. FIT 4 damper upgrade on fork. 11.6kg

post-50517-0-06456000-1453703501_thumb.jpg

post-50517-0-23023100-1453703506_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kraggie

At Hakahana last week-end, was a mud fest, had to stop twice as the back wheel could not turn at all anymore ... the mud there is like clay. Until we got up the hills where the rocks were nice and clean ... still damn hard work.

Upgrades: Wide Lightning Rims, Rapide Flat bar, FOX Factory Shock (was warranty replacement on EVO), STrack Pedals, Raceface NWN 34T, ESI Chunky grips, Specialized Phenom saddle. FIT 4 damper upgrade on fork. 11.6kg

Is that rock garden on the way down or up?

On the way up, the camera angle does not do it justice, it's steeper than it looks there. Quite long as well, reckon 50 meters ... Hakahana seems to have got rougher than last year, not sure if the rain washed away everything except the rocks, but it's tougher for me now, maybe it's just me.

On the way up, the camera angle does not do it justice, it's steeper than it looks there. Quite long as well, reckon 50 meters ... Hakahana seems to have got rougher than last year, not sure if the rain washed away everything except the rocks, but it's tougher for me now, maybe it's just me.

If up, that's a lekker tech climb, that one. 

Yip going up. Hakahana has some seriously technical steep sections. Have done the trailseeker marathons there a few times and its tough like the mabalingwe lionman.

Nice. Tech climbing is one of the funnest and most rewarding things to do on a MTB.

Yip going up. Hakahana has some seriously technical steep sections. Have done the trailseeker marathons there a few times and its tough like the mabalingwe lionman.

I'd love that climb. When I'm fit, that is. Far prefer this type of climbing to fire roads....