i hope that meant you assisted him pushing his bike up the hill. I think that sort of humiliation is the best type of snubbing for these cretins.

No but we did give him a cheery wave as he went around the jeep track.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just btw...

top strava'd time down DH2 is 12 seconds...

devon katzen can get down dh2 faster than i can get into a lollipop...

That is done at an average of 52kph leaving tons of time to get out of the way...

I've said it before, it's the lycra clad dirt roadies visiting the mountain. The non greeting / serious types.

People need to leave their bad attitudes on the road.

I don't want to get into this again but you brought me into it.

I haven't done downhill sections anywhere as that isn't the kind of riding I do, i have a rigid SS so not really made for it. Never have i professed to doing it either.

Secondly, i have ridden the spruit maybe a handful of times if that. I appreciate the work done there as i said in the thread about it, BUT as you and your crew of "spruit rats" are so sensitive about anything mentioned about "your" spruit nothing can be ever said about it.

The whole issue in the other thread was about someone cutting straight over a corner, correct? I said its on a public path in a park how can you enforce complete novices and the general public from abiding by "your" rules.

NOW onto this thread.

Cpt had an incident on a 1.) MARKED TRAIL

with 2.) PAID ACCESS

This is nothing like "your" spruit.

I am now done with this argument. I will not be drawn into an argument with you and/or any of your crew of merry men and women.

I have no issue with you or any of your crew so think this it about this subject.

P.S i would love to go to the cape and ride their awesome trails! Maybe hire a DH rig and give it a go... maybe i'll like it and come build some jumps with you guys on "your" spruit...

Wow bud, quite a few chips there. Firstly, who are all these Spruit Rats? Is it a gang? Is there a membership card? And then where has any of this bunch called it their Spruit as you keep quoting? Lastly, I read the thread you're talking about and all I saw was a request to follow general trail etiquette, not an order. Don't get so insecure. If you've been riding a while I'm sure you understand how to respect a trail, any trail, that's been built through sweat and pain by a handful of dedicated folk for the benefit of ALL.

Yeah. And you know the scary thing? That oke makes NO SOUND. AT ALL. It's strangely entrancing watching him ride.

i seem to remember mary had a little lamb or something when he flew past me once

Wow bud, quite a few chips there. Firstly, who are all these Spruit Rats? Is it a gang? Is there a membership card? And then where has any of this bunch called it their Spruit as you keep quoting? Lastly, I read the thread you're talking about and all I saw was a request to follow general trail etiquette, not an order. Don't get so insecure. If you've been riding a while I'm sure you understand how to respect a trail, any trail, that's been built through sweat and pain by a handful of dedicated folk for the benefit of ALL.

Completely off topic... but I saw a gigantic radioactive looking crab on the spruit the other day. Under the Virgin Active bridge I think. Shat myself a little.

BTW, it was also going the wrong way up the trail.

Some people are just arseholes. That will never change. Maybe get a makro special and wipe them out on the trail........

1 x MMA fighter

1 x "the Big Show"

And still you two couldn't get the toppie to change his ways

Cute story bro's

Maybe less pushing and a bit more riding in 2015?

They have a whattsapp group bro

You are out training on the road, a guy comes pounding towards you on the wrong side putting you in danger and you don't say anything? Honestly?

Hasn't happened hey

That attitude of instant aggression whenever the guilty party is spoken to, is just the same everywhere, road, mountain, life. Sadly! Just think of the reaction you are likely to get if you point out to someone that he skipped a red traffic light in kamikaze fashion. :thumbdown: :(

Yeah, good example, DJR

Point taken

:-)

1 x MMA fighter

1 x "the Big Show"

And still you two couldn't get the toppie to change his ways

Cute story bro's

Maybe less pushing and a bit more riding in 2015?

Lol kind of makes you likes the old man. Sis you two bullies!!

But in all seriousness if I was coming down a trail at the slow speeds I can manage and crash into a dude coming up the wrong way he will ride home without a seat.

Lol kind of makes you likes the old man. Sis you two bullies!!

But in all seriousness if I was coming down a trail at the slow speeds I can manage and crash into a dude coming up the wrong way he will ride home without a seat.

Lol. Ja. He was the typical A Type personality. Loudest person at the party, peacocking all over the place and demanding attention. Tje guy that parks in a disabked parking 'cos he's "just going in for milk" Maybe that's why he just couldn't accept that I have a bigger voice than him (I have a really loud voice when I need it) and just couldn't accept that it was hi fault.

Archived