Goodbye Dstv

corriekuilder

Saw last night that the Dstv now app is available for Apple TV,, I have been using my dads login to screen mirror sport so this should be better, I do pay his dstv so don’t feel too guilty. However on downloading it put a link to go to on a browser with a code to enter saying screen will refresh automatically, there is no browser on an Apple TV and when I went there on my phone was no place to enter the code. Has anyone come right with this?

post-37058-0-85899200-1535018920_thumb.jpeg

Edited by MphatiPyga

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw last night that the Dstv now app is available for Apple TV,, I have been using my dads login to screen mirror sport so this should be better, I do pay his dstv so don’t feel too guilty. However on downloading it put a link to go to on a browser with a code to enter saying screen will refresh automatically, there is no browser on an Apple TV and when I went there on my phone was no place to enter the code. Has anyone come right with this?

You should be able to type the link on your pc/phone/tablet exactly as is says, and when this is done a code should appear in that browser to insert in the App, this should all only be done after the app has fully downloaded and you signed in with some credentials.

The code appears on the tv, I haven’t put in any login details at all. Maybe I should delete and reinstall

The code appears on the tv, I haven’t put in any login details at all. Maybe I should delete and reinstall

code is unique to your login, so if you're always logged in online / on your phone, it'll recognise that and link it to the profile. 

• 1 month later...

Can someone point me in the right direction for a VPN service to stream US Netflix?

Use your favourite search engine to find Express VPN it is not the cheapest but it is a very reliable service.

Also the online chat support is superb.

Can someone point me in the right direction for a VPN service to stream US Netflix?

I purchased a 2 year deal for Getflix - a Black Friday special (end of November).

Currently use it for Hulu and Netflix (US version). Very easy to configure, and hasn't given any problems.

I purchased a 2 year deal for Getflix - a Black Friday special (end of November).

Currently use it for Hulu and Netflix (US version). Very easy to configure, and hasn't given any problems.

+5 for Getflix - their service is not a VPN as such but a DNS jippo, All you have to do is change the address of your DNS server to one of theirs, This can also be done of your router so all your devices on your local net will seen according to the zone setup. You have to keep you your IP address updated which is easy enough via their web site.

have 8 days left on dstv.cancelled everything.

Did it 3 years ago. Was tough in the beginning but now I don't even miss it apart from sport. But then there are other ways like watching it on U Tube afterwards.

No ads, no repeats, dont have to think I am subsidising things I don't like....

+5 for Getflix - their service is not a VPN as such but a DNS jippo, All you have to do is change the address of your DNS server to one of theirs, This can also be done of your router so all your devices on your local net will seen according to the zone setup. You have to keep you your IP address updated which is easy enough via their web site.

Struggling my ass of to get Getflix working on my Mibox, Android TV Box

have 8 days left on dstv.cancelled everything.

Also canceled everything this week.

Figured out I can do Netflix on the Playstation, works perfectly!

Going to be a slight adjustment in how we do entertainment in the house, but would actually prefer having the TV off more of the time.

Had to go to Uncapped Fibre, could see the usage rate would expire my cap within 12 days.

Also cut the dstv umbilical cord last month; netflix and amazon prime for me now. Just a heads up, make SURE your DSTV is indeed cancelled, mine wasn’t even though I did it through the self service functionality on the website. Debit order still went off, had to phone again to cancel again