Goodbye Dstv

corriekuilder

Ok so you guys convinced me to cancel my dstv![emoji106] But now my son is crying because he can't watch "SpongeBob" [emoji23] Where can I get it?

I got 2 android box's connected to 6 meg adsl line. Install the Exodus repository.

You can find every series ever made. My 9 year old daughter even told me to cancel dstv as she doesn't have to watch disney. Everything is on the box.

Watching sport can be done through Sportsdevil for free or ntv if you want to pay for it.

Learning the android box system is a bit of a challenge but once you get it right all is seamless.

It in fact also works though a PC

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone here doing interesting things or have experience with Raspberry Pi computers?

I recently set up a Pi 2 to do all my downloading and to host Plex. Works great.

Next plan is to build one next to the TV running KODI.

That's exactly why I have it.

It's just a bonus for have the rest of the channels to keep the lady occupied when I'm not watching sport :thumbup:

How are you streaming it to the TV?

Anyone here doing interesting things or have experience with Raspberry Pi computers?

I recently set up a Pi 2 to do all my downloading and to host Plex. Works great.

Next plan is to build one next to the TV running KODI.

Every tv in my house has a Pi2 running Kodi.  Watch movies and series using Genesis and Exodus addons, Live TV (UK and USA) with FTV addon and sports via Sportsdevil addon.

Been discussed on a few threads, here one  https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/156750-let-me-introduce-kodi-to-you/?hl=kodi

All this talk of downloading and streaming, is anybody using a VPN to "hide" what you are doing and what/how are you doing it?

Lets assume that you download a lot of movies and series using torrents. How do you mask the usage from your ISP? I am assuming that a VPN will do the trick...

Edited by Grebel

I don't own a business, but I can't understand the logic behind this?

You have a company that has been a cash cow for a long time, and I guess you are used to the returns, but you are facing stiff competition from various sources - what do you do? You increase the prices above inflation of course!! Can somebody explain this to me?

Big hike in DStv prices announced http://www.moneyweb.co.za/news/companies-and-deals/big-hike-in-dstv-prices-announced/

post-12446-0-42315000-1456912122_thumb.jpg

How are you streaming it to the TV?

I have a desktop PC connected to the TV in the lounge and she will watch or the notebook.

You have a company that has been a cash cow for a long time, and I guess you are used to the returns, but you are facing stiff competition from various sources - what do you do? You increase the prices above inflation of course!! Can somebody explain this to me?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ja51IYJlbws/SwbH9TPg7FI/AAAAAAAADy8/Vs12tmohDW0/s400/screenshot11240.jpg

I guess the average consumer out there is not as tech savvy as the hubbers on this thread.

Or they think they have the competition covered with their Showmax option?

But I agree with you, in the medium term this will  just speed up the move away from dstv, and I have the feeling every customer they lose is permanent, most people won't go back to dstv even if they drop the price at a later stage. 

Big hike in DStv prices announced http://www.moneyweb.co.za/news/companies-and-deals/big-hike-in-dstv-prices-announced/

This bull sh*t in a lovely email from DSTV.....

We hope you’ve enjoyed all the great international shows and movies, live sport, local shows, news and documentaries – proudly brought to you by DStv. We bring you the best entertainment first, delivered across a range of devices, so you can watch your favourite programmes when you want and wherever you are.

We buy most of this fantastic content in foreign currency, and due to the depreciation of the rand by 29 per cent since April 2015, our costs have gone up dramatically.

Over the past five years our adjustments have been in line with inflation. We’ve worked really hard to keep this year’s fees manageable. 

I cancelled dstv a few mins ago.

Well almost done. I phoned. I was like 150 in the queue. So sent them, email tweet and Facebook.

Should be off dstv in a day or 3

Welcome to the future ;)

I cancelled dstv a few mins ago.

Well almost done. I phoned. I was like 150 in the queue. So sent them, email tweet and Facebook.

Should be off dstv in a day or 3

You can cancel by going online to the self service page and just disconnecting there. No waiting or incompetent people making your life difficult. In saying that I can't wait for telkom to upgrade my line to 8mb/s and I can go in there and tell them exactly why I'm cancelling, I know that person can't do anything about it but it should give me a few minutes of satisfaction :clap:

^ what he said, go online and switch off, then there is no excuse to charge you extra days whilst they finally decide to get around to doing it