Goodbye Dstv

corriekuilder

Good to hear! Just a question for the tech gurus, does the streaming side of Kodi fall under video streaming like Netflix or does it fall under Peer to Peer data transfer like Torrent downloads ...?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to hear! Just a question for the tech gurus, does the streaming side of Kodi fall under video streaming like Netflix or does it fall under Peer to Peer data transfer like Torrent downloads ...?

I suppose it would depend on the port it is using - though if you use a VPN they can't see what type of traffic you're running... ;)

Which cycling stream u using?

I am on Telkom LTE. What a pleasure. Stream YouTube at 4k. Streams on multiple tvs at the same time no problem.

Getting Euro 2016 on kodi dc sports. Buffers but is server side problem.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

procycling live and cyclinghub tv live

Hi Grebel

as far as i Know its considered streaming,

i'm on a telkom line so only have a 50gb Peer to Peer, so far this month I've mostly streamed, on kodi , and still running strong, and ive been streaming a lot, last month I mostly did Torrents and was Capped by the 10th 

anyone got a Amazon fire Stick? seriously looking at one now - a big plus is that you can load apk's  - so if you wanted you could load kodi...but more importantly..Tenplay

Not 100% keen on an android box - so its between the roku stick and the fire stick

anyone got a Amazon fire Stick? seriously looking at one now - a big plus is that you can load apk's - so if you wanted you could load kodi...but more importantly..Tenplay

Not 100% keen on an android box - so its between the roku stick and the fire stick

I'll go with the Firestick. ....just because you can load Kodi. ...get two....I'll buy...the other one....????

I've been off dstv for 5 months now. Upgraded my capped 4meg adsl to Telkoms uncapped LTE. Now I can stream 1080p and 4k off youtube.

Kodi and youtube works well. Wife loves her HGTV shows. Found plenty off them on YouTube. Added them to play list. Sorted.

Kids have exodus to watch all there Disney shows. Mmm. They've watched all the new stuff. Dstv still repeating the stuff from years ago.

Get my fix of live sports with no problems. And discovery channels etc.

Overall saving is like R800 per month.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Without me having to go back and trawl for the answer can anyone advise if I can take feed off a computer or Mac and steam it to a tv? I have a everything on my tv via Apple TV but now need to organise the kids tv room. Will have to upgrade their current tv as its still a fat screen and only has coax input, was going to get get them there own Apple TV but have a iMac living in my cupboard and was wondering if I could utilise that. Any advice welcome

Edited by Mpati29

Without me having to go back and trawl for the answer can anyone advise if I can take feed off a computer or Mac and steam it to a tv? I have a everything on my tv via Apple TV but now need to organise the kids tv room. Will have to upgrade their current tv as its still a fat screen and only has coax input, was going to get get them there own Apple TV but have a iMac living in my cupboard and was wondering if I could utilise that. Any advice welcome

just get a streaming stick/box and use an hdmi to coax converter - not sure what you wanting to do though

Was going to set up the Mac as the kids computer and thought I could perhaps use it as a base station as such for the online stuff, have Hulu, Netflix accounts working for me already so was just wondering if it was a workable solution. Still leaning towards getting them there own stick/ atv though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Busy watching the tour on itv.. And they had an advert for sky... Free decoder.. Free 32"TV and 20 pounds per month.... crikey you okes are getting ripped by dstv

Edit...ok 32 quid for the basic sports channels included

Edited by Stretch

Busy watching the tour on itv.. And they had an advert for sky... Free decoder.. Free 32"TV and 20 pounds per month.... crikey you okes are getting ripped by dstv

Edit...ok 32 quid for the basic sports channels included

Less than a DSTV subscription with a decoder and a 32" TV thrown in. Even at the Zuma RoE. Awesome. But then you have been listening to David Millar. I don't think I'd handle that.

What DNS/Proxy server are you using? I wouldn't mind getting EuroSport player.

Less than a DSTV subscription with a decoder and a 32" TV thrown in. Even at the Zuma RoE. Awesome. But then you have been listening to David Millar. I don't think I'd handle that.

What DNS/Proxy server are you using? I wouldn't mind getting EuroSport player.

Must say.. He doesn't really bother me.. But I'm too much of a noob roadie.. Who only really watches the tour every year... And that's it.

I use liveontv which doesn't need a proxy I think... But I do use getflix

Edited by Stretch

guess who bought a bloody fire stick 7 days too early  :cursing:

even with a 7 pound subscription to Prime...thats still an almost 10 pound saving...plus a whole month of prime on top of it

post-7169-0-73776600-1468355205_thumb.jpg

guess who bought a bloody fire stick 7 days too early  :cursing:

even with a 7 pound subscription to Prime...thats still an almost 10 pound saving...plus a whole month of prime on top of it

attachicon.gifprime.JPG

A friend of mine once told me this:

"Once you have made your purchase, stop shopping."

It's bound to happen Stretch. You got the best deal that you could at the time you were ready to buy  :thumbup:

Still cheaper than that M-net subscription that you are going to cancel/have cancelled now that you have access to all that internet TV...