Goodbye Dstv

corriekuilder

18 hours ago, Frosty said:

I saw a few adverts for that, where people we asking in the comments if it’s legit. Seemed too cheap for the amount of channels provided.

Apparently it some countries it’s not illegal 😁

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Announced on GCN racing news show, GMBN (the MTB show) will show all forms of MTB racing this year. 

Still need GCN+ to watch live.
The events I could find include XCO, XCC, DHI, BMX and END 

• 2 weeks later...

ok, stuck...

trying to watch some UCI MTB (Oceania) that was early March,

I've got a monthly subscription, but when I click on the to watch it tells me I need a subscription, when I check on app it says I have a monthly subscription, what figures ?

G

On 4/3/2023 at 2:18 PM, Frosty said:

You need a VPN to watch some of the events on GCN+

would it not that then say that.

then i'm back to my original question around UCI MTB series, this Oceania was one of their races. if it is blocked due to VPN then where are we re the series.

G

guess i found the problem...

no 25-25 March, 1-2 April Oceania listed,

hmm, actually not seeing Tdf either for June/July ?

G

Screenshot 2023-04-09 at 07.55.04.png

ok found 24/25 March and 1/2 April races above, It'ss shown as the on Demand only races in Tasmania.. still trying to figure this bloody subscription thing out, app on apple tv says monthly, profile via web says nothing.

Let me ask, how do I get VPN configured for my Apple TV only? is there a VPN app for the apple tv, to get around this region blocking or am I going to have to go bigger and do it on my network, router level...
G

7 hours ago, awesme said:

ok found 24/25 March and 1/2 April races above, It'ss shown as the on Demand only races in Tasmania.. still trying to figure this bloody subscription thing out, app on apple tv says monthly, profile via web says nothing.

Let me ask, how do I get VPN configured for my Apple TV only? is there a VPN app for the apple tv, to get around this region blocking or am I going to have to go bigger and do it on my network, router level...
G

https://nordvpn.com/blog/setup-vpn-apple-tv/

I have it setup on my router (secondary one), as well as on my iPhone. 

7 hours ago, awesme said:

guess i found the problem...

no 25-25 March, 1-2 April Oceania listed,

hmm, actually not seeing Tdf either for June/July ?

G

Screenshot 2023-04-09 at 07.55.04.png

The calendar for RSA won’t show the Tour. You need to look at a country that you’ll connect to using a VPN, eg. UK.

5 minutes ago, Frosty said:

https://nordvpn.com/blog/setup-vpn-apple-tv/

I have it setup on my router (secondary one), as well as on my iPhone. 

thanks, i use pfSense... which should allow me to route traffic from my AppleTV via the vpn tunnel and all other traffic out the native non vpn route.

... just checking, did I miss something, does not look like GCN+ will be allowing us to watch TdF (don't see it on our schedule listing)

G

Ye, realise that for VPN, i need to look at country where my VPN would terminate,
but realising that GCN is not stream TdF to SA region. 
GCN only seem to be a good option for us if we combine it with VPN, otherwise we still under the SABC/MC thumb.
G

• 1 month later...

... so i ended up buying a google stream box and subscribed to StealthStream which gives me access to everything i want and more, liking it...

need to find a good consolidated calendar for all road/MTB races so that i know what to go look for/plan wknd around, together with F1 ;) kids are hating mommy and daddy on Sundays as we take the TV over.

G

Interestingly, this came across my feed:

"No matter the time. No matter the place. Get all the Rugby, Cricket, Football, Formula 1 and more LIVE – When you stream with DStv Premium for R699pm"

This seems more feasible as a monthly fee compared to the current going rate for DSTV premium of around R999 IIRC. I'm not there yet to sign back on for DSTV, but if they drop it a bit more by making a Sports-only Stream available, I might just bite.