• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

some help please.

I'm running Kodi on a 2009 MacBook Pro. The OS of the MBP can no longer be updated, hence I can no longer update Kodi higher the Leia. 

A few months back I started getting more and more "no streams available" errors. I put it down to my smartDNS subs expiring. Not having the disposable cash at the time I did no renew my subs. But series that we had been watching were now no longer working.

Over this weekend I caved in and bought a 1 year sub again (ZAR/USD was favourable too). Changed DNS setting on the router and thought I'd be A for away. It has not helped, still getting plenty "no streams available" errors on stuff that used to work.

Any suggestions are appreciated.  I know I will probably need to retire the MBP shortly and get some sort of Android (spit) box to replace it, but thats not an option right now.

• 1 year later...

Anyone use a VPN from abroad to stream DSTV? if so which VPN did you go with?

Was thinking of Nord but the latest reviews seem to suggest issues since the latest update.

can I extend request, in addition to which VPN, through whom are you streaming your sport...

what sport/cycling are you streaming.

still trying to figure out what to do about UCI MTB... after the Redbull dump,

anyone have information, how are we going to watch this.

G

26 minutes ago, awesme said:

can I extend request, in addition to which VPN, through whom are you streaming your sport...

what sport/cycling are you streaming.

still trying to figure out what to do about UCI MTB... after the Redbull dump,

anyone have information, how are we going to watch this.

G

It shows on the GCN+ calendar 

https://help.globalcyclingnetwork.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015984360-South-Africa

A91F199A-5C90-4B55-9F27-50D73D7E495A.png

strange how late the year it is now starting, could swear it was earlier last year, especially with the new schedule where they are suppose to have allot more events/races this year.

G

ok, so we know Tdf and now UCI MTB on GCN+.

We know GCN+ have a AppleTV app at least.

Any other news about UCI MTB plans... I at one point heard Discovery+ (which carries ESPN also).

G

6 hours ago, ScottCM said:

Anyone use a VPN from abroad to stream DSTV? if so which VPN did you go with?

Was thinking of Nord but the latest reviews seem to suggest issues since the latest update.

Not exactly what you looking for but we use iptv which cost about chf 100 per year and includes all the dstv plus hundreds of others channels

https://iptvwod.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIn5z-2P7g_QIVic13Ch0WmArsEAAYASAAEgI9_vD_BwE

The UCI and Warner Bros. Discovery (WBD) have announced more details on the plans for this year's World Cup racing with a series of viewing options and the new UCI Mountain Bike World Series brand.

To bring together the World Cup formats of XC, Short Track, Marathon, Downhill, Enduro and E-enduro there is now the new branding of the UCI Mountain Bike World Series. The press release states its alignment plans for the formats will be showcased when all major UCI MTB disciplines will be held at the same time during a ten-day event scheduled for September in Les Gets, Morzine and Châtel.

Also included in today's announcement is the long-awaited reveal of the broadcast location for the events which will be available on discovery+(Austria, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden and the UK and Ireland), the Eurosport App and GCN+. The press release does say more ways to watch will be announced at a later date but there is no further information about this or whether there may be a free way to view the racing. Going into specifics about coverage the XC, XCC (Short Track) and Downhill will be shown live while Marathon and Enduro disciplines will only receive highlight shows. 

bigquotes The global popularity of mountain bike is on the rise, and by combining all its major formats as well as racing for Elite and amateur riders in one major series, we will further increase the appeal of this discipline. With its festival atmosphere, mix of racing and expanded live coverage, the UCI Mountain Bike World Series offers a fresh and appealing experience for athletes, hardened fans and newcomers to the mountain bike community. UCI President David Lappartient

bigquotes By creating a single global platform that unifies the major racing formats with UCI World Cup status for the first time, the new UCI Mountain Bike World Series will also allow for the integration and growth of amateur, pathway and festival events to UCI World Cup racing.

Our long-term goal is to elevate the major racing formats of the UCI World Cup, taking the athletes and teams to a new level. We also want to maintain the ability to entertain and engage mountain bikers at all levels. The future is incredibly exciting and we are honoured to usher in a new era of the sport.
 Chris Ball, CEO of ESO Sports

You can find out more on the new UCI Mountain Bike World Series website here.

Original UCI Press Release

The Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) and Warner Bros. Discovery (WBD) are pleased to announce the new UCI Mountain Bike World Series, which will include the UCI Mountain Bike World Cup for cross-country Olympic (XCO), cross-country short track (XCC), cross-country marathon (XCM), downhill (DHI), enduro (EDR) and E-enduro (E-EDR).

The UCI Mountain Bike World Series will unite all mountain bike’s major formats under a single brand for the first time. The UCI Mountain Bike World Cup will be the pinnacle of this new structure, that will enable all formats to flourish independently but also sit side by side at select rounds and give athletes and teams additional exposure.

The UCI Mountain Bike World Series will also provide opportunities for amateurs and those seeking to break onto the Elite stage. Amateur XCM, EDR and E-EDR racing at some events will enable amateurs to compete alongside their sporting heroes, while providing a clear pathway to the highest level of the sport for aspiring athletes in the quest of qualifying points to progress into the Elite ranks.

This alignment of formats and racing will be perfectly showcased in September in Les Gets, Morzine and Châtel (France), hosts of the first ten-day UCI Mountain Bike World Series festival. Featuring all the major UCI Mountain Bike World Cup formats, as well as amateur racing, the festival will set the benchmark for this new era for the mountain bike.

With one of the world’s biggest sports broadcasters behind the UCI Mountain Bike World Series, there will be more live coverage and more ways to follow racing than ever before. UCI World Cup XCO, XCC and DHI events from the UCI Mountain Bike World Series will be available live and on-demand on discovery+*, the Eurosport App and globally on GCN+. UCI World Cup XCM, EDR and E-EDR will benefit from in-depth Highlights Shows at every round. More ways to watch will be announced in the coming months.

UCI President David Lappartient said: “The global popularity of mountain bike is on the rise, and by combining all its major formats as well as racing for Elite and amateur riders in one major series, we will further increase the appeal of this discipline. With its festival atmosphere, mix of racing and expanded live coverage, the UCI Mountain Bike World Series offers a fresh and appealing experience for athletes, hardened fans and newcomers to the mountain bike community.”

Chris Ball, CEO of ESO Sports, said: “By creating a single global platform that unifies the major racing formats with UCI World Cup status for the first time, the new UCI Mountain Bike World Series will also allow for the integration and growth of amateur, pathway and festival events to UCI World Cup racing.

“Our long-term goal is to elevate the major racing formats of the UCI World Cup, taking the athletes and teams to a new level. We also want to maintain the ability to entertain and engage mountain bikers at all levels. The future is incredibly exciting and we are honoured to usher in a new era of the sport.” 

* Streaming is available on discovery+ in Austria, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden and the UK and Ireland.