Review: 2015 Giant Trance 2

Iwan Kemp

What brought about the change and how has it been so far?

The person I ride with the most has a Cannondale Jekyll and I always struggled keeping up going down technical trails. I still can't go as fast as he does but it's a lot better. The Trance makes it easier to ride a lot better.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

had a teocali some years back then went to an Anthem ( racing bug bit a little ) now on the Trance. Changed back to the ALL mountain as i missed just Bombing anything ....so far its been totally flippin awesome :thumbup:  

had a teocali some years back then went to an Anthem ( racing bug bit a little ) now on the Trance. Changed back to the ALL mountain as i missed just Bombing anything ....so far its been totally flippin awesome :thumbup:  

Do you feel like you've lost anything in terms of outright speed going from the Anthem to the Trance?

Was the Anthem a 29er?

Do you feel like you've lost anything in terms of outright speed going from the Anthem to the Trance?

Was the Anthem a 29er?

no it was X1 26er . i would honestly say that possibly a Tad slower on the uphills but only because the anthem was a kg or 2 lighter, on the flats im sure the Trance is slightly quicker and downhill it,s definately quicker....and off course way more FUN  :clap: ....and the FUN part is exactly why i went for the trance in the first place. Now just to change the *&%# Float for a RS and add a dropper post and then it will be  :eek:  ..wooohoooooo

• 2 months later...

....and off course way more FUN  :clap: ....and the FUN part is exactly why i went for the trance in the first place. 

:thumbup:

These. Things. Are. Everywhere. Now.

The ONLY thing I don't like about these bikes!  Too much of KOMIN. 

These. Things. Are. Everywhere. Now.

well you just can beat the bang for buck... even compared to other giant products. this is a amzing machine for trail or xc all for such a bargain. iv had various scott xc bikes, hardtail, ds, giants, axis, merida... best bike I ever owned

The ONLY thing I don't like about these bikes!  Too much of KOMIN. 

There is strength in numbers.......break a derailleur hanger for the Trance, and the shop on the corner will have one on their shelf or take one off another bike to get you to the start of the Sani in an hour......

(Broke the derailleur hanger for my Litespeed early December, had to search the whole of SA, including the local agent, eventually gave up, ordered one from Ireland on E-bay. Endless issues with shipping, customs, post office. Thought parcel was lost for ever. Eventually by some miracle it arrived. Managed to get the bike riding again in mid March. Rare and exotic bikes are just that.)

• 7 months later...

Saw CWC has it for R33500.00

Colours are mega **** though.

They cannot possibly top the 2014 black on black, ever! :devil: