Getting stickers off rims HELP!!l

Brickleberry

My rim stickers all came off recently but only the top see through layer, the thicker white layer has remained behind and looks terrible. Really struggling to get them to peel off. Any ideas or help in getting them of. The rims are aluminum, and white, so nothing that will stain them please.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Benzene!

Not strong enough to damage the paint..........I think?? Or, ask RedHub, ho, ho!

Used it to do the rims for my singlespeed and it works well on any of the remaining paper and glue under, don't rub too hard just let the benzene soak in and it should come off easily.

Edited by BBN

Hair drier on it's hottest setting. Heat the stickers up, and peel off slowly, trying to get as much off in one go.

Any glue residue, spray with a thick layer of Doom (don't laugh, it works) and let it stand for a short while. With clean cloth, rub / wipe the glue residue off.

A bit of  elbow grease, but the best way to do it without any damage.

Hair drier on it's hottest setting. Heat the stickers up, and peel off slowly, trying to get as much off in one go.

Any glue residue, spray with a thick layer of Doom (don't laugh, it works) and let it stand for a short while. With clean cloth, rub / wipe the glue residue off.

A bit of  elbow grease, but the best way to do it without any damage.

Doom really works, but it must be real doom not just any insect killer.

ps. it also works to remove tar from your car, spray on, wipe off, wash with soap, dry and polish

+1 using Doom, spray on sticker till is wet, leave 5-10 minutes... use a hair dryer to soften up then use a credit card or flat edge if is a little stubborn... then will come off easy

I used Methylated Spirits and (small amount of) elbow grease on black rims.  The m.spirits worked reasonably well.

First pulled the stickers off and then cleaned the residue.

Benzene for the win!

And the Big C... it's a known carcinogen - so only use with gloves, prefferably a proper organic fumes mask and out of doors.

AND AWAY FROM KIDS...... pretty please...

And the Big C... it's a known carcinogen - so only use with gloves, prefferably a proper organic fumes mask and out of doors.

Oh. On the gloves n mask thing... 

erm... That may account for some things. 

For paper stickers Mr Min "Wood polish" version(no other Mr Min variety or polish brand works) also does the job like DOOM but without the creepy doom spray lingering.

Oops, cough, cough...............benzene now in the bin!