loadshedding

Matchstix

I'll post a few pics tomorrow. It's easy peasy. Unplug, plug in, switch on and forget about it. Even your wife could do it. :whistling:

Wife[emoji38][emoji85] , yes well she is quite a clever one anyway

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok that explanation makes it easier to understand, how about the lights, do you connect it on the same way through the inverter?

You can run a few low power LED lamps, not your home lights. Remember, this is a mains failure system, not a permanent power system. The items powered by the inverter will NEVER go off, despite Eksdom's best efforts.

Ok that explanation makes it easier to understand, how about the lights, do you connect it on the same way through the inverter?

Use lights that you plug into the box.

I have a 1.2kv inverter(buying a 2.4kv soon), runs my 42' LCD PVR and a few energy saver lamps for 2.5hrs no prob. Gas hob takes care of supper. Load shedding doesn't bother me in the least.

post-9851-0-47855400-1432496184_thumb.jpg

I have a 1.2kv inverter(buying a 2.4kv soon), runs my 42' LCD PVR and a few energy saver lamps for 2.5hrs no prob. Gas hob takes care of supper. Load shedding doesn't bother me in the least.

Doesnt the fan on that unit drive you crazy?

All of the mecer units I have used had a thing where the fan never turns off and it drove me insane!

All of the mecer units I have used had a thing where the fan never turns off and it drove me insane!

Nah doesn't really bother me at all. I normally have it in my indoor braai area.

All this talk of load shedding and apps etc. The saddest thing is that we have access to an App that alerts us to the fact that there is going to be a scheduled power cut due to the inability of the National Power Supplier to meet the demands of a country...

agreed

It's unnecessary to wire it into the mains. It's costly to do that, and if you sell your home, it's fixture. This is a portable plug and play energy system.

In the western cape you are allowed to remove fixtures, as long as you tell the listing agent before hand. 

Yip my unit is driving me abit batshit crazy i have to cover it with a towel and cushion to muffle the sound.

You can run a few low power LED lamps, not your home lights. Remember, this is a mains failure system, not a permanent power system. The items powered by the inverter will NEVER go off, despite Eksdom's best efforts.

Picked up my unit tonight and the fan noise is noticeable.

Picked up my unit tonight and the fan noise is noticeable.

It's a new sound, hence you're aware of it. Rather that than Eskom's loadshedding BS :). I'm sure the ambient noise of general household activity will disguise the fan's hum in a few days.

Congrats on your purchase.

Mine now lives in a cupboard, I don't hear a thing.

It's a new sound, hence you're aware of it. Rather that than Eskom's loadshedding BS :). I'm sure the ambient noise of general household activity will disguise the fan's hum in a few days.

Congrats on your purchase.

Mine now lives in a cupboard, I don't hear a thing.

I'm also sure that if you modify the case a little bit, and put in some fans with a higher efficiency rating that you'll have a noticeable decrease in volume... 

I'm also sure that if you modify the case a little bit, and put in some fans with a higher efficiency rating that you'll have a noticeable decrease in volume... 

Modifying the casing will invalidate the manufacturer's warranty. My inverter system is parked a dark cupboard. The closed doors, coupled with the volume of the TV and surround sound system comfortably obliterates the fan humming.

Modifying the casing will invalidate the manufacturer's warranty. My inverter system is parked a dark cupboard. The closed doors, coupled with the volume of the TV and surround sound system comfortably obliterates the fan humming.

Yeah, I know. But once the warranty is over...

Or, just build a bigger box and put it inside there, or do as you've done and put it in the cupboard. 

Overheating being in the cupboard may actually also invalidate the warranty, although they would have to try prove it. (e.g. Some vendors will not replace failed server components under warranty if they are hosted in racks with glass doors)