2015 FNB Wines2Whales

JasonS

A week ago from today the adventure guys were collecting their kit at registration. In a few hours it is the turn of the race guys. 

Counting down the seconds, cant wait!!

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Starting to get the "feeling".

Leaving work in half an hour to go to Registration, took Monday off as well, so a lekker long weekend awaits me.

Starting to get the "feeling".

Leaving work in half an hour to go to Registration, took Monday off as well, so a lekker long weekend awaits me.

registration from 2 onwards isnt it!?

also please report back on storage facilities at lourensford 

registration from 2 onwards isnt it!?

also please report back on storage facilities at lourensford 

From what I remember last year the storage facilities are a massive warehouse. I think there where security guards there. I didn't use the storage, just saw it.

It will be fine to store your bike, maybe take a lock with if you have. I wouldn't leave your bag, kit, helmet or anything like that.

The toofless wonders acting as security at Lourensford tried to get us to give them our wine glasses as we wondered over during Ride registration. I wouldnt say its very secure. Also the guy transporting our bikes back to JHB told me yesterday he walked into the bike pound at Oak Valley on day 2 with no-one around and removed the bike of a guy who was not continuing with the race. So yes, not very secure anywhere, take a lock along and let them nick the neighbour's bike ;)

Also there are several stop and go zones on the way back from Onrus to the airport, so if you are rushing to make a flight best you factor in some extra time

The toofless wonders acting as security at Lourensford tried to get us to give them our wine glasses as we wondered over during Ride registration. I wouldnt say its very secure. Also the guy transporting our bikes back to JHB told me yesterday he walked into the bike pound at Oak Valley on day 2 with no-one around and removed the bike of a guy who was not continuing with the race. So yes, not very secure anywhere, take a lock along and let them nick the neighbour's bike ;)

this is where Bike service package during an event does help. They lock your bikes up and have someone watching the bikes through the night

all 3 days were awesome. Except that bloody portage :(

I rather enjoyed the portage seeing the spoor cut in the rocks from the wagons and the amazing vista......Then the treat of single track on the other side.

A-Z talks are great, rather enjoyed W a fair bit

This thread died a thousand death :(

I loved the weekend's racing!!!

Wish i can be back on the trails this morning, alas im stuck in a bloody orrifice ...

I loved the race, the portage section is one of the many elements that makes this race different from all the others. I will be back  :clap:

Extremely tough racing in the mixed category this year and the times were much faster than on previous years (granted there are always minor route changes). Weather could not have been better and the trails were pure heaven. Other than the affordability factor, I cannot think of any room for improvement on this amazing event. Kudo's to W2W team and their very generous sponsors.

Archived