Garmin Fenix 3

StevieL

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great maybe now i can pick up a 3HR on a good discount.

If I look at the differences I think a lot of guys are going to be hanging on t their fenix 3 for a while to come...

I like the new straps and the fact that they are compatible with the fenix 3. Other than that I don't see much difference, or the need to upgrade to the 5. 

Mapping is really cool but more a MacGuyver feature for me than anything else.

It is tiny!!! 

Like the quickfit bands AND it's compatible with Fenix3!

Think I'll hang on to my 3 for a while still. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have been trackng my sleep for a few days now which is pretty cool. It shows I have a lot of light sleep and not much deep sleep..i blame the toddler and baby for waking up at night...lol

Is there a way to show the movement graph for a longer period of time other than just for the night?

post-57045-0-96932800-1485847973_thumb.jpg

I have been trackng my sleep for a few days now which is pretty cool. It shows I have a lot of light sleep and not much deep sleep..i blame the toddler and baby for waking up at night...lol

Is there a way to show the movement graph for a longer period of time other than just for the night?

Yip from the main menu select Sleep.

On the next screen where sleep levels are currently selected below the first set of dial graphs, select Sleep Movement which will bring up the daily movement graph.

Just below that graph is a link: Sleep Trends Over Time click that and the next screen will allow you to adjust the date range :)

Yip from the main menu select Sleep.

On the next screen where sleep levels are currently selected below the first set of dial graphs, select Sleep Movement which will bring up the daily movement graph.

Just below that graph is a link: Sleep Trends Over Time click that and the next screen will allow you to adjust the date range :)

I saw that but that only gives you the amount of hours sleep per day. I would like to see the actual sleep movements graph (as attached in my first post) for a few days rather than one day at a time.

I saw that but that only gives you the amount of hours sleep per day. I would like to see the actual sleep movements graph (as attached in my first post) for a few days rather than one day at a time.

Ahhh apologies.  Let me see what I can find out for you.

I saw that but that ......

Ok there is no such report at the moment.

I have submitted a request to the Garmin Ideas team.  They don't get back to you but they might put it in a next release of the portal.

In the meantime I am testing something and will let you know if I have a temp solution for you.

Just a bit of a mission to download all your data in bulk as the manufacturers are normally not too keen on letting you do that as they want to keep you in their 'ecosystem'.

I am using Tapirik at the moment and it will take a while for the data to download only then will I be able to see whether there is anything I can do to maybe assist you...

Will keep you guys updated.

Just got my Fenix 3 HR - just in time to hear the fenix 5 announcement :-).

I come from a Suunto world - where you have an option to set it for indoor training when you ared oing gym sessions rather than "indoor ride" indoor row" etc like on the garmin

Any ideas what the equivalent is for the Garmin world which i can use for indoor training i.e. gym sessions.

Ok there is no such report at the moment.

I have submitted a request to the Garmin Ideas team.  They don't get back to you but they might put it in a next release of the portal.

In the meantime I am testing something and will let you know if I have a temp solution for you.

Just a bit of a mission to download all your data in bulk as the manufacturers are normally not too keen on letting you do that as they want to keep you in their 'ecosystem'.

I am using Tapirik at the moment and it will take a while for the data to download only then will I be able to see whether there is anything I can do to maybe assist you...

Will keep you guys updated.

Great stuff. I think it would be a nice feature if you want to compare the movements over lets say a 7 day period where you could pick up some patterns in your sleep that may help you to identify and solve issues.

So are you some sort of developer for Garmin?

Great stuff. I think it would be a nice feature if you want to compare the movements over lets say a 7 day period where you could pick up some patterns in your sleep that may help you to identify and solve issues.

So are you some sort of developer for Garmin?

Hehe no not at all.  I run a business unit in a software dev. company .

But I like gadgets and tech and helping others out if I can so this is a bit of a challenge .. I know Garmin are a bit slow to look at user requests .... I have submitted quite a few... ;)

Just got my Fenix 3 HR - just in time to hear the fenix 5 announcement :-).

I come from a Suunto world - where you have an option to set it for indoor training when you ared oing gym sessions rather than "indoor ride" indoor row" etc like on the garmin

Any ideas what the equivalent is for the Garmin world which i can use for indoor training i.e. gym sessions.

I got one titled "Gym" where the GPS is switched off for the duration of the workout... 

G'day

Anyone found a good HRV app that is either compatible with their Fenix3, Garmin Connect or the HRM-Run strap (I though it was Bluetooth but haven't manged to find it on my phone with the apps I have tried for iOS - Elite HRV and HRV4Training)

Looking for trending over time and training intensity recommendations given the stress levels. 

Ta