Garmin Fenix 3

StevieL

I agree the normal one is still king.

I have however had an issue with mine not calculating VO2 Max on Running anymore.

I have set HRMax and RHR etc.

But after the last update (which wiped the f watch ... still urkes me that there is no proper functionality to back it up automatically) no more calculation on Running and I trail run plenty outdoors with GPS.

Anyone else experienced this?

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Navworld special, for those waiting for the prices to drop, the time is now!

And I though I got a real good Black Friday deal  :thumbdown:

. I did some interesting experimenting on the idt yesterday with the wrist heart rate sensor. I broadcast the heart rate from the watch to my 510, and climbed on the idt. Interestingly, I noted a significant drop in heart rate measurement when standing, which, is of course the complete opposite of what really happens. But, as soon as I sat down again, the hr went up. Hence, my conclusion is that when standing, either the angle of ones hand, or maybe the inhibition of blood flow to the palm, temporarily interferes with the measurement, and takes it totally out whack. I am going to carry on with this experiment, once my hr strap, which is giving me grief, is fixed or replaced.

So I repeated the experiment in last night's workout, and did not experience the same drop in recorded hr when standing. In fact, I found the wrist HR to be pretty consistent with measurements from many similar workouts on the idt, with the chest strap paired to my 510, so I revoke any perceived criticism to this effect. This time I made the strap a tad tighter, so maybe it was not snug enough around my wrist on the first day out. 

So I repeated the experiment in last night's workout, and did not experience the same drop in recorded hr when standing. In fact, I found the wrist HR to be pretty consistent with measurements from many similar workouts on the idt, with the chest strap paired to my 510, so I revoke any perceived criticism to this effect. This time I made the strap a tad tighter, so maybe it was not snug enough around my wrist on the first day out. 

I have a Fenix 3 HR, but I use it for spinning and so on because I like the convenience of the wrist based HR. But on my MTB I use a Polar V650 (which I like a lot) with a HR strap (which I do not like). Most of the times when I go out riding, I forget to take the Fenix off, so I end up riding with it anyway. It doesn't bother me on my wrist at all. What I want to know is, if I replace the V650 with a Garmin like the 510, will I be able to use the Fenix as a HR monitor and send the HR data to the 510 from the Fenix without the need to wear a HR strap?

I have a Fenix 3 HR, but I use it for spinning and so on because I like the convenience of the wrist based HR. But on my MTB I use a Polar V650 (which I like a lot) with a HR strap (which I do not like). Most of the times when I go out riding, I forget to take the Fenix off, so I end up riding with it anyway. It doesn't bother me on my wrist at all. What I want to know is, if I replace the V650 with a Garmin like the 510, will I be able to use the Fenix as a HR monitor and send the HR data to the 510 from the Fenix without the need to wear a HR strap?

Yes your f3 hr can broadcast hr and show on both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes your f3 hr can broadcast hr and show on both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! It should be a lot more comfortable without the strap.

Best prices on any Garmin device including F3....

www.autostyle.co.za

Yes! And they are fantastic guys to deal with.

Best prices on any Garmin device including F3....

www.autostyle.co.za

How can you say that Fenix 3 Grey goes for R7195 at Autostyle, Navworld = R6349

Edited by Dexter-morgan