Garmin Fenix 3

StevieL

Yes. Last Sunday I ran an “experiment” by uploading 110km ride on both the fenix 3 and the edge 510. The fenix 3 recorded total elevation at 1278m and the 510 at 1080m. I am sure both figures are exaggerated. But the fenix 3 is definitely unhinged from reality.

maybe there’s a firmware update to fix this? I am going to plug my unit into Garmin express to check.

Or, they are nudging us to replace our otherwise well functioning units by programming in some bugs.... maybe an update is not the best idea... :ph34r:

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody want the metal strap that came with the Fenix 3 sapphire version... just drop me a pm, no charge and it's perfect condition  :thumbup:

Anybody want the metal strap that came with the Fenix 3 sapphire version... just drop me a pm, no charge and it's perfect condition :thumbup:

Pm sent!! [emoji3]

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have a clue where one can source one of those tiny screws that hold the Strap? I have the main shaft, but the little screw is gone. It is for the quick release kit, the main watch still has its screws.

NavWorld Pretoria informed me they had to get rid of all their spares when Garmin pulled the plug on their Service credentials.

So my best bet is to go to Garmin directly, or is there another way?

post-27827-0-22952400-1617793934_thumb.png

In the meantime, I Enabled the Elevation Correction. It is Disabled by Default.

Howzit Vetplant. Where do I this?

Howzit Vetplant. Where do I this?

On the Web version of Garmin Connect.

Go to your last Activity with the Fenix 3 and on the right-hand side you will see it displayed as I showed above. Change the "Disabled" to "Enabled" next to Elevation Correction.

I'm still not convinced whether this is then applied permanently or whether you need to do it for each and every activity.

There must be a way to have it Enabled by Default.

In the meantime, I Enabled the Elevation Correction. It is Disabled by Default.

That's on an activity-level, not a device setting. needs to be done for each activity.. At least, it's like that on my Fenix 5 and Edge 520

• 1 year later...

Guys, can the Fenix 3 battery be replaced? Mine lasts only 2 days now, without recording any activities

• 6 months later...
On 1/4/2017 at 3:26 PM, worriesnot said:

Like the quickfit bands AND it's compatible with Fenix3!

Has anybody bought the Quickfit bands for the Fenix 3 (and 5 etc)?  I'm in need of a replacement band and wondering if the price of these quickfit bands does it justice compared to the R200-R400 bands you get on takelot?   PS: I can get the quickfit 26mm bands for R600, which is still a lot, but my experience with the takelot cheapies are that they are just not the originals! 

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, I just replaced the battery on my Fenix 3, I've got a 3 extra batteries to sell if anybody is interested, there are a couple of guides/video's on Youtube that takes you through the process.

PM me for price and details if you're interested. The same battery is compatible with the 3 and 3HR.

901880445_Screenshot2023-01-19at12_31_05.png.6e2d5be133e74225c77f27c2d596462c.png

Edited by Catatonic_Joe