Garmin Fenix 3

StevieL

Are you sure your heart is still beating? #zombie  :ph34r:

If I'm not mistaken the HR strap has a battery that needs to be changed at some stage. Maybe that's gone flat?

As far as I understood he has the HR version which has the optical HR sensor on the back of the watch.

Haven't heard of anyone reporting no heartrate at all.  Some have reported, what they deemed to be, inaccurate heartrate but not nothing at all.

Take it back as it should still be under warranty.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I understood he has the HR version which has the optical HR sensor on the back of the watch.

Haven't heard of anyone reporting no heartrate at all.  Some have reported, what they deemed to be, inaccurate heartrate but not nothing at all.

Take it back as it should still be under warranty.

Ah, my bad. Missed that. Is the watch still on..? hehe

With my previous HR monitor I used to get these spikes in HR where it would suddenly jump to over 200 and then back down again to whatever it was. A friend then told me he knows somebody who had the same thing happen to him, and apparently that led to him finding out he has a heart problem. Luckily it hasn't happened yet with my Fenix so I'm guessing it was the crap old HR monitor.. Shew

Hi guys.

My 3 HR has recently stopped reading my heart rate.

Anyone else experience this?

Are you wearing the watch far enough down your wrist? Too close to the hand and it won't read.

(This pearl of info comes as a result of me getting my wife a VivoSmart HR - this is what happened to her)

Are you wearing the watch far enough down your wrist? Too close to the hand and it won't read.

(This pearl of info comes as a result of me getting my wife a VivoSmart HR - this is what happened to her)

Ive tried swopping it between wrists. Nothing helps.

Spoke to navworld. They said I must bring it in and then they will check it out

Ive tried swopping it between wrists. Nothing helps.

Spoke to navworld. They said I must bring it in and then they will check it out

I had 2 hrs took both back. Go read the garmin forums, full of this exact complaint. The fenix 3 HR is a disastrous piece of crap. Im back on a normal fenix 3 and possibly a apple watch 2 soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had 2 hrs took both back. Go read the garmin forums, full of this exact complaint. The fenix 3 HR is a disastrous piece of crap. Im back on a normal fenix 3 and possibly a apple watch 2 soon.

My HR is working perfect again now. Navworld basically powered down the watch and back up. And it worked again

Ja... give it a ride or two. You will need to reboot before every ride or run or swim etc... i wish i could just use a hr but

Doesn't it pair with a hr strap?

Yes but that defeats the extra 2k and the bump....

Glad you guys are splitting some information regarding the wrist HR unit. Have the normal Fenix 3 with HR strap and happy with it but ... always thinking of the next gadget.

I only use the watch for running and love the run dynamics. Will stop thinking about it. Use a normal Edge 500 for cycling. 

Going to recieve a fenix 3 hand me down, jipee!!!

It is the non hr version and it does not have heart rate strap.

Can one buy heart rate strap and pair/is all the versions heart rate enable?

Yes, and Yes...

Any ant+ strap will work. For run/swim metrics you will need the specific strap.

For running - Run or Tri

For swimming - Swim or Tri

Keep an eye on the classifieds, they pop up regularly

Edited by seven

Thanks Seven, finally my xt 310 from 2009 can go and rest.

As far as I remember the XT310 ia also ant+, so you can use that strap in the interim

If you into running as well, then you must give consideration to getting the HR Run unit (little white running man on it) to get stride, cadence and other running dynamics. If only cycling, then any normal Garmin ant+ HR unit will work.

Agree with seven, plenty appear here so be patient. Can be a bit costly though.

Thanks Seven, finally my xt 310 from 2009 can go and rest.

As far as I remember the XT310 ia also ant+, so you can use that strap in the interim

I use my 310XT mounted on my stem to view the basic data. There's specific mounting kit that works without the straps.

I then use my 735XT on my arm as the main recording device, using the wrist HR. The post ride summary info is better, plus is has the live tracking function and pairing with the GC app. I hardly look at this watch during a ride/race.