Cape Town Cycle Tour will go ahead, detour route now 47km

carbon29er

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You people have got a lot of time for C**p, just chill !!!!!

..... lol ... yep lots ... Since the Tour is only 47 km..... and we not allowed to do two / three laps ....

Not sure what F.R.A.I.L is gonna do .... he usually does 2 laps ....... 

Isn't the winnings like R500? I remember a pro winner biaaaatching about the poor pay packet a few years ago.

There is a decent amount of money to be won. Almost a years salary in total.

................Not sure what F.R.A.I.L is gonna do .... he usually does 2 laps ....... 

He'll likely work right through Saturday night and then, from work, do a little light 100 km loop to warm up beforehand and afterwards a little 100 km loop to cool down before riding straight back to a 24 hour work shift. ;)

Some of you seems not to get it. In any big sporting event disaster management and emergency services is vital. Since the start of the fire all disaster management and emergency services staff in cape town was busy with the fires. When the decision was made regarding the argus every cyclist and every person in cape town safety was considered.

And karroryder, if you still think you have insight into my character after one post, drop me a pm. We will arrange a drink so you can tell me exactly what you think of me, and if you are right or wrong - I might just buy you a few more, cause at least I will have met another hubber!

My dad always says it takes a great man to admit his mistakes so yap, I should have taken the time to read on...On my part, I'm terribly dissapointed about Sunday's race but, having spent thousands on my fouvourite annual thing EVER, I will remain positive and enjoy every moment of this (still) extraordinary experience. 

Deal on the drink, but first round's on me :thumbup: . 

Just came from the expo. Very nice.

But some warning..... there is an stall with red sox. (Only red sox.) Guy promised its one side fits all, but alas not on a size 14 foot. It looks very nice but does not fit my calfs. Only comes up 3/4 of the way. And very tight.

So my wife now has 2 pairs of calf high red sox

Has anyone thought about what Edinburgh Drive descent - direction Cape Town - is going to be like?

That's a mean gradient with no curves to slow you down, and a nice little S-bend at the bottom.

All in all, a challenging bit of road that 99% of us have absolutely no experience riding.

I know where I'd park the ambulances...

There is a decent amount of money to be won. Almost a years salary in total.

Really? When did that change? I remember Malcolm Lange complaining about the small purse a few years ago.