Cape Town Cycle Tour will go ahead, detour route now 47km

carbon29er

Very nice, yes. Shows a lot of character.

(And no, I'm not gonna sift through all of the 51 pages to try and find the much expected justification...).

Slowbee came to his senses after his wife (great woman that she is) smacked him over the head with a frying pan and he will be joining us for the ride on Sunday! :thumbup:  :D

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay so where are we riding Saturday morning?

Depends on what time and where... What are you thinking? Most of Saturday is booked up my side. (Setting up venue and music for 70th birthday bash that evening!) Might be able to sneak an early one!

Okay so where are we riding Saturday morning?

It has got to be Houtbaai and back. It will be packed all day. I will sleep in but will have to be back to spend Gauteng dollahs at the Expo. I will leave 8 ish from the CTICC I think.

Very nice, yes. Shows a lot of character.

(And no, I'm not gonna sift through all of the 51 pages to try and find the much expected justification...).

It is sad that you did not read through everything. You missed the best part. But I will post it below. 

Now that is a right royal COP OUT ! and VERY VERY disappointing !

Shows complete lack of planing

What an arrogant, intolerant response.

Do you really believe that they have not done everything possible to make this as much of an experience as possible.

This being our first CTCT, and coming from Jozi, we are hugely disappointed but having followed what has been happening with the fire, the commitment of the those fighting, the incredible spirit of Cape Tonians in supporting the firefighters, the decision is unfortunate but understandable.

Maybe the safety of the riders and the ability of the firefighters to do their jobs to save the rest of the mountain actually trump your personal indignation.

I reckon it must be the most liked post since the great meltdown. Heading close to 50. ( I even tried to add a vote to that cause if I read that without being in my head I would agree). DaveM kicked my butt - so I ran for help (called Mrs Slowbee, thank goodness she is not on the Hub). Then she (the wife) hit me with a frying pan and said I was a dimwit cause everyone would think I was angry about not having the peninsula route as opposed to angry for not having another route. Most people took it as me being insulting to the great work all the rescue services were doing, which it was not, but for everyone emotions were high. Then a few other hubbers got hold of me, told me to go crawl under a rock, not worthy of mod status, generally being insulting, as I expected, but not engaging in debate (which I should have expected). Hubber Gen told me to never post in an emotional state (duh you would think I know this ..) Then Tubehunter DJR, Mayhem, Thor Buttox and a few others got hold of me. Sven and Smimby tried to bat for what I was getting at.

But at the end of the day I am still disappointed with the organisers (unfairly so (or not sure) I might add) - but that disappointment is not going to stop me from having a total jol. Non of the sporting or cycling shops sell those mini sirens like we used to get when we were kids! Been looking for 2 days now!

SO if any of are doing the argus - come look for the guy in Hub shorts and a green catlike helmet in group 6A and lets talk this through.

And karroryder, if you still think you have insight into my character after one post, drop me a pm. We will arrange a drink so you can tell me exactly what you think of me, and if you are right or wrong - I might just buy you a few more, cause at least I will have met another hubber!

a bunch of us will be cycling to the cycle event...from somerset west LOL

We were also going to cycle from Kommetjie side, but then decided that doing it on BMX's was more of a challenge  :clap:

It is sad that you did not read through everything. You missed the best part. But I will post it below. 

Snipped

................................................. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!

a bunch of us will be cycling to the cycle event...from somerset west LOL

Cat, kom kyk vinnig, some engelsman has taken over your account!

Ride safe! Is it a cycle back as well??? :devil:

In hindsight that would have been a good idea before you went Slowbee-bashing  :whistling:

I think he's the moer in because he arrived late and missed the whole fight.

People on social media pushing for pros to donate winnings to fire fighters. That is peer pressure bullying.

Isn't the winnings like R500? I remember a pro winner biaaaatching about the poor pay packet a few years ago.

People on social media pushing for pros to donate winnings to fire fighters. That is peer pressure bullying. Sa pros are not loaded and need this to pay bills and get sponsors. People need common sense now.

I think it is in poor taste and yes it is bullying.

People on social media pushing for pros to donate winnings to fire fighters. That is peer pressure bullying. Sa pros are not loaded and need this to pay bills and get sponsors. People need common sense now.

its a well known fact that "common sense" is not that common. Kommin maybe...

It is sad that you did not read through everything. You missed the best part. But I will post it below. I reckon it must be the most liked post since the great meltdown. Heading close to 50. ( I even tried to add a vote to that cause if I read that without being in my head I would agree). DaveM kicked my butt - so I ran for help (called Mrs Slowbee, thank goodness she is not on the Hub). Then she (the wife) hit me with a frying pan and said I was a dimwit cause everyone would think I was angry about not having the peninsula route as opposed to angry for not having another route. Most people took it as me being insulting to the great work all the rescue services were doing, which it was not, but for everyone emotions were high. Then a few other hubbers got hold of me, told me to go crawl under a rock, not worthy of mod status, generally being insulting, as I expected, but not engaging in debate (which I should have expected). Hubber Gen told me to never post in an emotional state (duh you would think I know this ..) Then Tubehunter DJR, Mayhem, Thor Buttox and a few others got hold of me. Sven and Smimby tried to bat for what I was getting at. But at the end of the day I am still disappointed with the organisers (unfairly so (or not sure) I might add) - but that disappointment is not going to stop me from having a total jol. Non of the sporting or cycling shops sell those mini sirens like we used to get when we were kids! Been looking for 2 days now! SO if any of are doing the argus - come look for the guy in Hub shorts and a green catlike helmet in group 6A and lets talk this through. And karroryder, if you still think you have insight into my character after one post, drop me a pm. We will arrange a drink so you can tell me exactly what you think of me, and if you are right or wrong - I might just buy you a few more, cause at least I will have met another hubber!

Don't worry, Slow, us taking u up on your idea would be the same as us saying Karooryder was lazy and prematurely judgmental. But we are nice here so we would'nt say it.

Edited by Thor Buttox