Red and black is really passe in the mtb world as far as I can tell. Surely they could have delivered something a little more interesting. All those visual references to come to the same conclusion as so many before. Red, black and white go together well. Grief its like no one who rides a bike has ever heard of colour theory.

http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2014/10/learn-the-basics-of-color-theory-to-know-what-looks-good/

Ben Gray Hum

You see how it works, let me inform you .

Custom is anything that you cannot take off the shelf .

Something so unique that no two will look alike.

The age old theory of "if you have nothing good to say, rather say nothing"

Why don't you tell us what you think of this custom build ?

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/146677-turning-something-special-into-something-unique/?hl=%2Bturning+%2Bsomething+%2Bspecial&do=findComment&comment=2561893

Now in this case of Iwan's bike.

We have a custom built hand made frame with a paint job as per customers request, it doesn't get any better than that.

Stop being jealous .

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a nice day.

Snip.

Except that it's Iwan's PERSONAL bike build. Which, if you'd paid attention, is rather obvious. The frame comes in raw steel. The colours are HIS choice. You're essentially coming in here saying his design choices are shaite and he needs to go back to pre-school cos he's blind.

It is NOT an advertorial. It's a 4 part build diary based on Iwan's search for a long travel steel hardtail. Yes, it goes into the history of the bike, the maker and the reasons for his choices - but this is the thing - they're HIS choices. 

So, if you don't like the colour scheme, just say it's not for you. Don't tell him he's design challenged and needs to go back to the drawing board because black and red on MTB is passe, here's your colour wheel you fool.

There's the normal way of doing things, and then there's the way you did them./

Iwan, awesome thread and awesome build. Thanks for sharing. I love the small details that the bike what it is...it's all in the details. 

Enjoy the ride.... my next custom bike (once my wife is slightly less apoplectic after Shorn the Sheep) is a Mecer for sure. :)

Enough chit chat ... where is part 4 already .... you getting worse than that River Rat paddling down a stream in a bath tub thread already!

Verskoon die afrikaans.

Die vier beste kleure vir n fiets is:wit, rooi en swart.

Wit - is vinnig

Rooi - is vinniger

Swart - is die vinnigste

Wit, rooi, swart - f..... vinnig

Oeps, ek ry n Vipa en droom van n custom Vipa deur Bogus, jip wit, rooi en swart.

Iwan jou bike like awesome! Enjoy!

Verskoon die afrikaans.

Die vier beste kleure vir n fiets is:wit, rooi en swart.

Wit - is vinnig

Rooi - is vinniger

Swart - is die vinnigste

Wit, rooi, swart - f..... vinnig

Oeps, ek ry n Vipa en droom van n custom Vipa deur Bogus, jip wit, rooi en swart.

Iwan jou bike like awesome! Enjoy!

Dis Piele  :thumbup:

This is one of the nicest bikes I have ever seen.  In addition to its good looks, it is an extremely versatile build as well. with this bike you will be able to ride everything from XC to agressive trail with relative ease.  Perfect for SA enduros as well.

Well done.

Judging from the pic, it looks like a clear coat over the steel and not a full colour over ?

Just confirmed that this is indeed the case. Apparently it looks "Irn Bru-ish" in the sun, what with the brazing, clean metal and work-marks on the frame

I REALLY want to see this

Yor. Looking at this bike is like looking at a high class hooker you can't afford. In red fishnets nogal. Who laughs at you when you are naked. Sexy. And we all know she's a tease too. Now. Let us see if the carpet matches the drapes.

Yor. Looking at this bike is like looking at a high class hooker you can't afford. In red fishnets nogal. Who laughs at you when you are naked. Sexy. And we all know she's a tease too. Now. Let us see if the carpet matches the drapes.

what carpet...  :whistling:

Just confirmed that this is indeed the case. Apparently it looks "Irn Bru-ish" in the sun, what with the brazing, clean metal and work-marks on the frame

I REALLY want to see this

I have tog seen it in the flesh  :P  :rolleyes:  :devil:  :whistling: